when will Giles County get any respect

5footer

Giles Co. has my respect...the whole team. You can't go to State like that and win like that with only 2 players...it takes everybody doin their part. Not to take anything away from Tyler Smith or Shay Shannon...they are very impressive. I think Giles will do well again this year! Good Luck to ya'll!

~A Fulton Falcon in Knoxville~ Ya'll knocked us out in the first game at the State.

As ALWAYS...GO FALCONS!!!

I think people know there are other supporting cast on that team. Many people think Tyler is overrated. I dont. He handles the well, he has a descent jumper that will get better, he's big and strong, and and he jumps great. What else do you want? The best part, he is a JUNIOR! Over rate that haters. Tyler is a great player and will get a lot better. Good luck Tyler. Thats the respect that ppl dont give tyler.

Im definitly gonna be at that game. By all the posts ive read on coacht it seems like Giles gets much respect. How can you expect everyone to not talk about Smith? Hes a freaking all american. If I was a fan of this team I wouldnt make posts like that I would just shut up and be happy.

Giles County's gym had probably 2500 people in it last year during the Columbia game as well as the Bolivar game. As for Giles County not getting much respect, I agree with NCS03, who cares if the Bobcats get any respect. They didn't last year and look where they found themselves at the end of the year. I am a huge GC fan as well as a graduate from the school. I think it was 94 or 95 when the Cats went to the finals of the state. That team got no respect. Why should it be any different now.

As for Tyler Smith. Of course everyone is going to think this kid is overrated and of course everyone is going to be gunning for him. He has to keep his head and play ball like he knows how. There will always be doubters and hecklers, but the true baller, will always overcome those haters. Tyler, play your game and keep your head...that is all you can do.