Private School Meeting At CPA

FadePattern

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The TSSAA knew about this meeting and others, It,s a good bet ,this has something to do with the dicision not to split. Whether they were planning to sue, or form another assoiation or even maybe slipped someone a little money,who knows. All I know is this, we the people don,t have a vote or say so. This was proven.

The TSSAA knew about this meeting and others, It,s a good bet ,this has something to do with the dicision not to split. Whether they were planning to sue, or form another assoiation or even maybe slipped someone a little money,who knows. All I know is this, we the people don,t have a vote or say so. This was proven.

Let`s try to respond to the post and not the poster.

Thanks

VG

Edited by VolunteerGeneral

Pujo,

I feel that you have become a little too adamant about this, and it reflects in some of the things you have said and the false hints that you have dropped. Such as accusing privates of slipping the TSSAA money, the "any christians out there" comment (you may not have meant it, but I took that as being a bit derogatory), calling everything a joke, accusing TSSAA of being purely deceitful, and poo-pooing every possiblity. I am very disappointed in the way you are handling this. Normally, you're a great and informative poster, but lately you have become very negative and derogatory to things you don't like. I clicked on your name to read all of your most recent posts and found that the last 15-20 of them are all negative and destructive towards this subject. I know something didn't go your way, but please don't try and make the debate worse in a very harmful way. No one wants to see a horribly negative attitude and false accusations. Please change your tone on this board. Remember: the world is still turning and life has more important things to worry about than this.

:justwrestle:

Coachtfan, you are right, this is a very small matter in the big scheme of things. But this is an issue that bothers me and several others. I saw the last priposal the TSSAA handed out for people to vote on. When they voted the first time,it was simply split or not, they did,nt like the way it went, so they wanted people to vote again,this time their were several choices. Only about 10 percent said leave it like it is. They knew they Would split up the votes . I think it was underhanded and deceitful. I,ll be honest, I don,t see a christian like attitude among Alot of the christian school supporters, why won,t anyone let us know what was discussed at the meetings, are christians hiding the truth. Were they planning to sue the TSSAA, form a new organization or what. Why does no one respond, I,m sure several people knows. I,m sure you are aware of the one sidedness in the 1a championships in the past three years,does this look fair to you or are we just whinners, are christians opposed to fairness. The private schools somehow got their way,but its not right. The only compitition you people have is other private schools, if you want to play with the public,s so bad,at least move up so some of them will be able to compete. This is nothing but a joke.

No, we are not trying to hide anything. We aren't used to all this interest in what we do. Up until a couple of years ago no one in the government schools really cared what we small Christian schools did. I was not at that meeting, but I did speak to our high school principal who was there. The main main purpose of the meeting was to explore the possibility of forming a seperate athletic association. No decisions were made. There may have been other issues raised. I talk to our principal again to clarify and I'll post what I hear.

Edited by Dalton91

Coachtfan, you are right, this is a very small matter in the big scheme of things. But this is an issue that bothers me and several others. I saw the last priposal the TSSAA handed out for people to vote on. When they voted the first time,it was simply split or not, they did,nt like the way it went, so they wanted people to vote again,this time their were several choices. Only about 10 percent said leave it like it is. They knew they Would split up the votes . I think it was underhanded and deceitful. I,ll be honest, I don,t see a christian like attitude among Alot of the christian school supporters, why won,t anyone let us know what was discussed at the meetings, are christians hiding the truth. Were they planning to sue the TSSAA, form a new organization or what. Why does no one respond, I,m sure several people knows. I,m sure you are aware of the one sidedness in the 1a championships in the past three years,does this look fair to you or are we just whinners, are christians opposed to fairness. The private schools somehow got their way,but its not right. The only compitition you people have is other private schools, if you want to play with the public,s so bad,at least move up so some of them will be able to compete. This is nothing but a joke.

I understand your reasoning about the vote, which makes sense. But I not not accuse the TSSAA of being an anti-public, private pupppet. Nothing could be further from the truth. For years, it has been the TSSAA with an iron fist torturing the privates. They have always seemed to lean towards the publics and come down hard on the privates. The only thing your feelings and arguments are grounded in is ONE decision that didn't go your way.

All of the other stuff you mention and accuse privates of (about fairness), I'm not going to discuss. That is a whole can of worms that has been discussed on this site for two years now. Just know that I totally disagree with you.

And last, your comments about Christians are very derogatory. "Are Christians hiding the truth" These types of statements are pure trash comments and have only negative intentions. This blanket statement is a horrible generalization that I take offense at. Your grouping all Christians together. It's like you're saying every single Christian in the state of Tennessee is in on some kind of a secret cult against public schools and their out the get 'em. I'm assuming non-Christian privates were at this meeting too, but you had to make a derogatory statement calling 'em all Christians as though you were turning your nose down on Christians. And you're being seriously too judgemental about it "i don't see a christian like attitude." Is this one event suddenly the measuring stick for the whole lives and purpose of Christianity. I think not. Is every Christian in the state supposed to know about this. I'm sure the meeting was only admins or AD's or something like that, and they probably don't want anything to get out to start horrible rumors that will lead to forced actions, so i'm sure very few people know about it. How many people do you think actually know details about this meeting and talk on this board? I don't know of many school admins who sit on coacht all day trying to tell people about everything in their lives. I am a Christian and I am seriously offended by your hasty generalizations and derogatory marks toward Christianity. (It is my guess that you are not a Christian and that you have very little or no respect for Christians, because of the way you chose your words.) In the words of the knight in The Last Crusade, "he [you] chose poorly." Please tighten your tongue, it's about to fall out of your mouth...

Up until a couple of years ago no one in the government schools really cared what us small Christian schools did.

I suppose the flip side to this argument would be that except for athletics private schools want nothing to do with public schools. They sell themselves as places where students can receive a christian education that is better than a public education. They provide a place for people to go to get away from the problems of public eduation. Yet they feel that it is their right to compete with public schools in athletics. Maybe if you want to seperate from public schools educationally you should seperate from the public schools athletically as well. It just seems to me that private schools want nothing to do with public schools except for athletics. This is nothing personal against private education it is just an observation.

Coachtfan, I would,nt even come close to calling myself a christian. Christian means Christ like ,I,m a firm believer in God but that sure dont make me Christ like. I feel like their is lieing,cheating and stealing going on with the small private schools. This whole vote mess was manipulated and deceitful. One of the board members thouhgt they were going to address all the issues and he was for the multiplier. This is nothing more than a money thing and a big joke. As far as I,m concerned, go get your trophies, they mean nothing. You people want to play with public schools, but only the ones you can dominate.