Greenbrier 20 - Crockett County 13

GreenbrierCat2

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it was a great game and great high school football atmosphere last night. it was also a very physical and hard hit game. not taking anything away from greenbrier but i can't stop thinking about what would have happened if earnest and chris ingram wouldn't have gotten hurt. we only lost by 7 without our top two running backs and defensive backs. it just might have been a different game, congrats to the bobcats and good luck next week. thanks for a great season cavs

GBTsenior...look up SPORTSMANSHIP in the dictionary....I have no association with either Crockett or Greenbrier, but after reading GBT's trash talking, I'm rooting for whoever plays Greenbrier next.

Cofo, GBTsenior is ONE person out of thousands in Greenbrier. I think every team sometimes has one or two that run that mouths unnecessarily and incessantly. I know CC had one last week. Just as CC can't control their posters, neither can we on GBTSenior. It would be MY hope that he will wake up this morning and realize he was on an adrenalin high and come back and DELETE his posts. However, if he doesn't all I can do is apologize to CC and all the readers of his posts. He doesn't represent even one percent of Greenbrier.

To Crockett County, congratulations on a hard fought game. This is the game Greenbrier had been wanting for a year and it was an exciting game. They had a statement to make and even though it wasn't a blowout, I don't know that one or two players would have made a huge difference. It is team effort that wins the game. I'm sure Earnest will do well wherever he plays ball next. Roger Herndon will be back next year to lead the Bobcats again, hopefully with a great season to come.

To our Greenbrier Bobcats, you have gone to a new level and unchartered territory for our school, fans and community. Words can't describe the energy you bring to our town, and we are very proud of all that you have done. Remember, ONE step at a time. Focus, focus, focus.

To Clint - we hope your injury isn't too serious and that you take it easy and get better soon. We love ya, man!

Edited by EZBeingGreen

Congrats to the Crockett team on a successful. Being 12 and 0 says enough by itself. Two great teams played tonight and this happend to be Greenbrier's night. Hope Williams gets past the ankle injury soon and can continue on with his career.

It was also a pleasure to meet the "RV Gang". It would have been fun to spend a little more time with you guys.

As for our new trash talker; I think anyone that's followed the message board for the year will quickly know that this is not normal for Greenbrier. Being a class team and group of fans is one thing that 99.9% of the Greenbrier community takes pride in. I know the coaching staff won't allow any of these type posts from the players. Everyone obviously has the right to say what they please but some just aren't mature enough to know any better. I'd just about imagine this Bobcat "fan" to be one of the ones that probably secretly wishes that the cats would lose.

Edited by NoDoubt

I agree with most on this board that GBTsenior needs to HUSH. We've had some great posts all week and a great game in the 'Brier. Both teams are to be saluted for their great season and a hard fought game. The fans should be saluted for their support of their teams. Good luck to everyone from Crockett and all players that are injured. Ignore the trash posts and cheer for the Bobcats next week.

GO BOBCATS

Looks like Greenbrier has its own version of shane23....lol.

Congrats to the Bobcats on a well played game and good luck against Covington.

You took care of business on your home field and sent us Cav fans back a little dissapointed in the loss.....but still proud of the effort of our entire team. It was nice meeting the Greenbrier fans from Coach T. Your team and your fans are class acts and we wish you guys all the luck in the world the rest of the season.

Keep your head up even in defeat Cavs....this will hurt for a while but I promise you it will get better. To the underclassmen....you have a lot to look forward to and a great legacy to live up to. Keep working hard and show us our stuff next year. To the Senior class....you should be proud of yourselves and all that you have helped the program accomplish. You are all class acts and have carried yourselves like men both on and off the field. Thank you for 4 great years of effort and for all you have done to better our community.

To Crockett County, congratulations on a hard fought game.  This is the game Greenbrier had been wanting for a year and it was an exciting game.  They had a statement to make and even though it wasn't a blowout, I don't know that one or two players would have made a huge difference.  It is team effort that wins the game.  I'm sure Earnest will do well wherever he plays ball next.  Roger Herndon will be back next year to lead the Bobcats again, hopefully with a great season to come.

Congratulations to the Greenbrier Bobcats on a hard fought victory. I hope the two players that were injured are back to 100% next week against Covington.

As a Crockett fan it is hard to accept the statement that one or two players would not have made a huge difference. While I am not trying to say that Crockett would have won the game, I am saying that it does make a difference when you play for three quarters without your starting backfield. Earnest Williams is a dangerous player as was apparent on Crockett's first possession. Chris Ingram is a pounding runner who was unable to go due to an ankle injury against Page. Losing that "big play" threat was definately a huge blow.

Congratulations to the Cavaliers on a great season. Although it didn't end the way we wanted it to, the Cav fans are still very proud of you.

The MVP's of the game in my opinion should go to the Greenbrier offensive and defensive lines. They were the difference in the game.

It was nice to put a face with some of the posters on this board (Coachhard, NoDoubt and GBmember03).

Good luck the rest of the way Bobcats.

I wasn't aware that Ingram didn't play. Man, that must have been a tough game for the Crockett offense not having Ingram and Williams. But that's football, and people get injured.

Congrats to Greenbrier. I wasn't able to make it to the game but, after the class your fans showed last year in Crockett County, if we had to lose I'd rather it be to you guys. Hope we meet again next year.

To the Crockett County players...congratulations on a great season! Seniors, your record the past three years is something to be truly proud of. With the talented young players coming up, I'm expecting many more great seasons in the near future.

Re: Earnest Williams, he'll be playing in the SEC next year. For whom, nobody's sure yet. He still has to make his test score, if I'm not mistaken, but I believe they're very optimistic that he'll make it. He has legit offers from Auburn, Ol' Miss, and Arkansas - but obviously, he'll need to make his score or he'll likely have to go the JUCO route. Not sure if he could be a partial qualifier or not. But he has the talent to play DB or WR at the upper-level D1 schools.

Sounds like you guys have a heckuva player in Herndon. I've yet to see him play but it sounds like your running game will be in great shape next year with him in the backfield judging from the good things I've heard about him. Anyone have his height, weight, stats, and projected college position? Thanks for any info.

Edited by volfan911

beans,

That's unfortunate. I wasn't able to hear the game on the radio where I was so I had no idea what happened in the game. "Boo" Ingram had developed into one of my favorite players. He's really been a bright spot on this Cavalier team and a very productive player. I hate that he and Earnest couldn't play for the most part, but as I said ealier, that's just part of the game and excuses shouldn't be made. This Crockett County team has nothing to hang their heads about. They've got some great years ahead of them.

Great high school football game played by two class teams. I was very impressed by the amount of fans that Crockett brought, being a three hour drive. You guys have a program to be proud of. I thought the difference in the game was our line on both sides of the ball. Crockett only had 45 yards of offense in the second half. Greenbrier lead in every stat and deserved to win the game. While I do hope Williams will recover from his injury, I must add that the game of football is physical and injuries are a part of it. It was unfortunate that Crocketts injury was to their star player. He has a bright future ahead of him.

I enjoyed meeting my coacht friends last night at the RV. Glad I caught you guys before you got on the road. Also glad you made it home safe and I look forward to seeing you guys again next year. Thanks for the class you have shown as fans on this board and in person. I wish your team the best of luck in 2004.

Edited by COACHHARD