Milan vs. Huntingdon II

tricklician

This is the game everybody wanted to see. This is a match made in Heaven.

The best two football teams from the best two football towns in West Tennessee. Nobody has more tradition than Huntingdon and Milan. It goes back to Coach Ward and Coach Tucker.

Both team's fans are classy. They may talk smack on these anonymous message boards but in person they are respectful.

Both bands are the best in West Tennessee.

The TSSAA will get rich from this game.

The one factor that nobody has mentioned is Milan's experience in big games. Milan's coaches know they can beat teams like Covington, David Libscomb and Portland. Milan's players know winning state championships ain't impossible.....when they were in Jr High, their big brothers won back to back titles.

But it will be a great game. I'll be there at 5:30.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Turbo, I guess its time for me to call you out and set the record straight...First thing up...when a team outrushes another, 293 to 143....trust me..the 143 was not more physical.....Milans O-line pounded the mustangs on October 10th, and will pound them again....several talked about how "soft" Mr. Nellet was...they were really shocked that he was that soft.....Milan had 70 yards in penalties...a touchdown ruled not a touchdown, a 40 yard pass completion on the sideline ruled out of bounds, and you know what........Milan won 24 to 6......what happened to that almighty Mustang offense that loved to run up the score on everyone else that they played?? So, dont even talk about who was the most physical.....It wasn't close then, and don't expect it to be any different......and on your argument with WESTTENN2004STATE about Bell being better than Rod Smith.....remember this in life....because it won't change.....a good big man, beats a good little man, every time.....oh yeah, the score will be Milan 38 Huntingdon 7

I SAY THE WAY HUNTINGDON'S D-FENSE IS PLAYING RIGHT NOW, MILAN WILL DEFINITELY HAVE TO RELY ON THEIR PASSING GAME. HUNTINGDON GAVE UP SOME EXTRA YARDS LAST GAME BY NOT LOCKING UP ON THEIR TACKLES, WHICH SET UP THE TDs FOR MILAN. IF HUNTINGDON CONTAINS THE PASSING GAME, MILAN WILL BE IN TROUBLE. MILAN WILL BE EXPECTED TO WIN THIS ONE WHICH LEAVES ALL THE PRESSURE ON THEM. THE KEY FOR HUNTINGDON IS TO BLITZ AND GET ALL OVER THEIR QUARTERBACK BECAUSE IF THEY START COMPLETING PASSES(ESPECIALLY THE FADE) THAT WILL OPEN UP THE RUN GAME WHICH COULD CAUSE BIG PROBLEMS. HUNTINGDON HAS PLAYED WITH MORE INTENSITY IN THE PLAYOFFS AND DON'T EXPECT THEM TO LAY DOWN IF THEY GET BEHIND. THIS GAME WILL BE WON IN THE FOURTH QUARTER. I'M SAYING HUNTINGDON WILL GET THEIR REVENGE BY PLAYING GREAT DEFENSE AND EXECUTING ON OFFENSE.

Turbo, I guess its time for me to call you out and set the record straight...First thing up...when a team outrushes another, 293 to 143....trust me..the 143 was not more physical.....Milans O-line pounded the mustangs on October 10th, and will pound them again....several talked about how "soft" Mr. Nellet was...they were really shocked that he was that soft.....Milan had 70 yards in penalties...a touchdown ruled not a touchdown, a 40 yard pass completion on the sideline ruled out of bounds, and you know what........Milan won 24 to 6......what happened to that almighty Mustang offense that loved to run up the score on everyone else that they played?? So, dont even talk about who was the most physical.....It wasn't close then, and don't expect it to be any different......and on your argument with WESTTENN2004STATE about Bell being better than Rod Smith.....remember this in life....because it won't change.....a good big man, beats a good little man, every time.....oh yeah, the score will be Milan 38 Huntingdon 7

How many yards did Rod have in the last one 103?? And the Stangs in no way keyed on him. Your QB around end beat Huntingdon last game. How many yards did Bell have with your D keying on him every play 129??? You can't afford to key on Bell this time around. I haven't seen anybody calling your players out by name and making statements that they were no good and it is VERY low class on your part to be making remarks about 18 yr old kids to that effect. I know you were shocked that a referee actually made the correct calls in the last game, I was also. Milan always gets those calls, don't even argue that point.

How many yards did Rod have in the last one 103?? And the Stangs in no way keyed on him. Your QB around end beat Huntingdon last game. How many yards did Bell have with your D keying on him every play 129??? You can't afford to key on Bell this time around. I haven't seen anybody calling your players out by name and making statements that they were no good and it is VERY low class on your part to be making remarks about 18 yr old kids to that effect. I know you were shocked that a referee actually made the correct calls in the last game, I was also. Milan always gets those calls, don't even argue that point.

I think we all agree these are the two best AA teams in West Tn. Let's just leave it at that and see what happens Friday night. This is a great rivalry whether both teams are 0-13 or 13-0 and lets hope for a hard hitting game with no injuries to either side. Whoever wins will have my full support at the boro'.

I said I was done responding but I just wanted to tell you your stats are wrong. :P

For all of you Milan people who keep thinking you killed us the first time and that you will kill us again, just keep thinking that. Milan won on 5 big plays in the first game, whichever team makes the big plays in the second game will win it. As I sarcastically stated earlier, Huntingdon should not expect to win this game. However, to all the Milan fans I will tell you this: Huntingdon will be ready to play friday night and you better be too. I look forward to a very physical game and I fully expect Huntingdon to win the game that counts.

See ya in Huntingdon Friday night!!!

OK..here goes. I've watched lots of Milan-Huntingdon football over the years. History dictates itself with Milan-Huntingdon football. You can never tell who's going to win. It'll be THE game to be at this Friday night. Regardless of who wins, you'll see one heck of a football game. Neither team needs to boast too loudly until late Friday night.

Personally, yeah, my blood flows PURPLE! I looking forward to getting to Paul Ward early, cheer sticks and all. 10k+ in attendance. Hope Huntingdon brings in some extra bleachers...they might even want to put some speakers in the parking lot. After 6 p.m., you won't be able to get near Paul Ward Stadium.

GO DAWGS!

Huntingdon didn't have enough defense to stop all of Milan's weapons last time and I don't think they will this time either. We just have too many weapons. Rod running, George running, Ricky running, Day Day running, or George throwing. Milan's defense has improved since week 7. Terrence Bell isn't really even close to as good as a running back as Youngblood. We held Youngblood to nothing. And this was with having to worry about the passing game of Carver too, something Huntingdon doesn't have. Milan will put 9 in the box and stop the Huntingdon running game.

Milan should win this game.

So basically ya'll think Huntingdon's QB is a non-factor, Terrence Bell wouldn't make a pimple on a good running backs buttocks, Chris Donald couldn't hold Rod Smiths jockstrap, Brian Nellet is soft , Milan will win in a landslide...any more fuel you wanna throw on the fire? BE MY GUEST. ;)