who yah takin Oakridge or Riverdale?

oaklandfballer

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hey region4fan its good to know you are behind us and i apreciate it..I'll be a seinor for ohs next year ...I apreciate the support...all u oakridge fans are pretty high on ure team and sorta downing riverdale they are young and only start 2 seinors so u better beat em while u can cause next year i'll let u have fun trying to do that ...Riverdal will come with some loaded bullets and awesome gameplans lemme tell u that youll have more talent and we (riverdale) have more people goin both ways you guys have the talent advantage but don't write it in the books yet ure about to see what middle tennessee football is made of

What a match up this will be on Friday night! It is what high school football is all about. 2 of the best football programs in the state of Tennessee! Riverdale is hands down the best program in 5A the last 10 years. I believe they have been to the last 4 championship games and 7 out of the last 10 too? What a run! Oak Ridge is a perennial power that has the greatest history in the state. 8 State Championships and a National Championship are definitely the basis of a fantastic program! I can't wait!

Both teams seem to be going in the right direction at the right time. This is the norm for Riverdale under Coach Rankin. My hats off to him for consistently winning and having his team ready to go come playoff time. The Cats still haven't peaked yet this season. I have been fortunate enough to see all of their games. They played very well about week 5 and 6, but have consistently gotten better though out the playoffs.

I think the game could be a low scoring affair. Coach Rankin and Coach Lussier are 2 of the best defensive coaches in the state. I believe their plans will slow the opposing offenses down, although both appear to be very sound. I can vouch for Oak Ridge's. The best offense I have seen in quite some time. The running game is close to unstoppable. I think the thing that most are missing is the play of quarterback Scott McMahon. He is playing his best football of the year. He wont take the game in his hands and win it, but if the Warriors aren't ready for him to throw and run the ball, he will come up big for the Cats. The Warriors apparently have unbelievable athletes. The quarterback can apparently make things happen on busted plays. As the case is so often in high school football, the game will be won and lost in the trenches with the line play. Oak ridge has been consistently superior to opposing lines this year on both sides of the ball. The game will come down to what all big games come down to - turnovers, and what the opposing team does with those turnovers. This is how OR beat Dobyns-Bennett in their 3rd round game, and apparently how the Warriors beat Dobyns-Bennett last year in the semifinal game. Because of the experience and output of both of the defensive coaches, I believe that both high-powered offenses will be limited greatly. Oak Ridge has not seen a defense with so many athletes all year, and I would venture to say that the same goes for Riverdale. The Warrior fans probably don't have much respect for the Cats because OR is 0-3 versus the Warriors. I think this will play into the Wildcats' hands. On the other hand, the Cats have a large amount of respect for Riverdale. How can you not? The travel issue wont be a big deal for the Warriors. They apparently know how to travel to hostile environments (Fayetteville) and come up with a big win. Although playing at Blankenship Field is second to none in Tennessee, Coach Rankin will have his troops ready to go.

I played at Oak Ridge the last few years, so of course I am partial! I love Oak Ridge and the football program. At the same time, I have a tremendous amount of respect for Coach Rankin and the Warriors. It should the best game in some time for Wildcat fans to witness. First 4th round game since '96 and first home semi-final game since '79! I think I am going to steal a line from Mike Blackerby of the Oak Ridger from earlier in the year. I believe it is the "Year of the Cat!" The 0-3 record against Riverdale and the 12 year drought from going to the state championship game will come to an end Friday night! Right or wrong, its going to be a great game! I can't wait!

:( For the OR and DB fans I have posted the first of four pages of photos in the photo gallery of the OR/DB game. Coach T only allows posting of 10 photos at a time so it will be a couple of days before all are posted. The first page is of pregame activities only. The following pages will follow the action and conclusion.

Thank you DB for being such a great host! I hope we can return the favor some day down the road. ;):D;)

Don't discount the factor that Riverdale is coming off an incredible win. They just beat the undefeated Lincoln County Falcons with a deliberate and very precisely excuted game plan. And if you think playing at home is a factor, you might better rethink that one--they beat us at "The Pit", our home field with a record crowd. I haven't seen OR, but I pick Riverdale for their ability to read plays, adjust and their determination. You Warriors came "loaded"!

Good luck Riverdale! Hope you make it all the way!

Qb #7 another mindless ignorant comment.

OR is deep in every position our second string could be state contenders on their own. Our third string has some guys that would be starting on a lot of other teams. I am not taking anything away from our starters they had to work hard to earn their starting positions and are in my book a classy group of young men. How do you think our Offense is considered by most as unstoppable? What is unstoppable how bout an offense that averages 37.2 points per game. I know for sure of 4 games that most if not all of our first string didn't play past mid way through the 3rd quarter. How can you possibly post those kind of numbers being undermanned and out coached. I'll go ahead and answer that one for you...you cant.

Want some more undermanned and out coached numbers. How bout an average of 11.1 points per game scored by opponents. Approximately 3 points per game were late game gimmies. So the 11.1 figure could read somewhere in the neighborhood of 8 points per game. Dobyns Bennett and Jefferson County are the only two teams that passed the 20 point mark aganist our defense.

37 to 11 sounds like a very deep and well coached team to me.

What school do you support ?

Thats ok never mind I should just ignore you like everyone else. I guess that is what I'll do from now on. I just wanted YOU to know that you don't have a clue what your talking about and try to stop you from embarrassing yourself any further.

As far as our Riverdale game this week who knows who will win. My opnion is tha Oak Ridge will. But If my opnion really counted they would not bother playing the game at all. Guess what the game is still planned as advertised 7 p.m. Friday night at Blankingship field. Good luck Riverdale.

ROLL CATS ROLL

well, i understand that OR may have a great sweep or that their tb better not get in our secondary, but i also understand RHS has two tbs that'll leave a trail of burnt grass behind em if they get loose. I honestly dont think, and not just because of who i am cheering for, that OR will be able to line up and pound the ball on RHS or break big ones outside. RHS defense is too strong and too fast now for anyone to do that, as was shown friday nite by their hounding of LC Mr. Universe Michael Edmiston, who i would argue is the best athlete in 5a, if not in the state.

Good luck to both teams on friday, but i will be in mississippi with riverdale--yeah, he's my dad.

To the staff at RHS, there are not enough kind or gratifying words to say about yall. Yall always manage to get the most out of your players, because you are the kinds of coaches that kids want to play for. Best of luck on friday at oak ridge, and bring back a win.

As always, my last thought goes to the offensive line--do your thing boys. Yall have surprised the heck out of me, so just be consistent and do what you do. Whether we win or lose is dependent on yall, so fight your butts off so i can watch yall at Floyd Stadium in a couple of weeks. YOUR MY BOY CHUNK!!!!!

I as a falcon fan still question how good this riverdale team because I really don't think the Lincoln County coaches had their kids ready for the game friday night..And it is sick to let a good football team go home early not being prepared..THese coaches saw the same defense 3 weeks in a row and the they never made any changes to help their playmakers...Rankin stayed in the run defense because he knew Louis Thompson would not throw the ball enough to beat him...Edmiston did manage to throw the ball 15 times but the play selection was not very good...If they would gave their QB plays with 3 step drops and had the receivers to run short routes they would have scored alot more points..This would have been an advantage because riverdales secondary was very weak...I think most of the LC fans will agree with me on this.....