Maryville v.s. Morristown-West

Wildrebel06

even though MoWest has an extremely tough Defense, i think that maryville's Offense and GQ's innovative tricks will be too much for them. We can spread the field and throw the ball effectively and if that doesnt work we have McCord and a great maturing O-line. Rebs by 13

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maryville has every right to be confident. However, I for one don't think the first game is a good indication of how this game will go for either team (just look at last year's two games). Both teams have changed a great deal. It should be a good match-up if my Mo. West boys can hold up their end of the deal. It is good to see 2 class programs going at it again. :P

Edited by transplant

Who can tell me who the last team to beat the rebels was?

THAT IT RIGHT MORRISTOWN WEST

ahh yes how can we forget that game.....or even that year?? maybe because that was 2 seasons ago.......or should i count by state championships???

if you are wearing the rings from the state championships then count...but if you're not then dont worry about it

Edited by Vol4Life34

i really think this game could go either way. i know that all teams improve, as so many people have said, but i look at west's changes from earlier in the season and it's crazy. i'm sure maryville has improved too, no doubt about it, but one close game earlier in the season didn't show much dominance from either team so hopefully this one will be just as exciting. as usual, i'm pulling for my trojans, so i gotta say west by... 6, but i'm just as clueless 'bout how it'll turn out as anybody else.

ya keep talking about "if we don't make 6 turnovers it's a blowout"... well, ya DID make 6 turnovers and it WASN'T a blowout, mabye west forced those turnovers, i could say "if our offense had showed up that first game, it woulda been a blowout", not only is that giving your defense no credit what-so-ever, but it's looking at "if"s which do us no good, i'm proud of how my boys played maryville last game and how they've come since then, i think we can all admit that these are 2 very good teams and each deserve credit for the hard fought game at maryville in week 4.

maryville is a great team, i played them 4 times while at west and now i'm going to watch the game as a fan, lots of class, probably what i like most about them, should be a great game and i just hope that whoever takes this one brings the championship home with 'em from hillsoboro/melrose

Well like everyone else has said on the board Maryville is a well coached team..But so is dem Morristown West High Trojans... As a player I have been able to be in some good games against Maryville and also some not good games...Maryville has always been ready to play( you can probably see that by lookin at their fingers :) ...) But so is West... Basically it comes down to who will give it there all to win the game. Morristown has had the best SENIOR CLASS I have seen. We're determine to give what it takes to make our team better...Once agian it has come down to a nail biteing game wit Maryville... But i bet that this weeks practice will be the best for us Trojans because dis could be our last game and we're not goin out wit out a fight I Promise That....... Because O.B.I.Y.T.C!!!! Good Luck to both teams..... ;) Keepin it Trojan #42 Emmanuel Frederick :D

Who can tell me who the last team to beat the rebels was?

THAT IT RIGHT MORRISTOWN WEST

ahh yes how can we forget that game.....or even that year?? maybe because that was 2 seasons ago.......or should i count by state championships???

if you are wearing the rings from the state championships then count...but if you're not then dont worry about it

well what if i am wearing the rings from the state championships????

Just to throw out some chum and see what I get -

I went back to the 2001 season, and since the last time maryville lost to morristown west (the last time they lost to anybody), they have met again four times. In those four games, Maryville has outscored MoWest 114 to 30. If you go by Touchdowns, that's 16 to 4, with each team kicking a fieldgoal, minus a couple pat's. That is pure domination of MoWest's D. There is nothing else to call it. I know it's a new game and all that, but there is a trend in the numbers, that speaks of something greater than just having a bad game plan, or poor execution or anything else. The problem that Morristown is going to have is stopping the Maryville offense. I know that in the first matchup this year, some of those 6 turnovers were caused by MoWest D. However, you can't contribute all six to that. If Maryville had only lost 3 instead of 6, 3 still being a lot for a maryville team, they win easily. I agree that West's defense has probably improved, but I think it's going to be the same old story - good team, but not enough to stop Maryville's offense.

A big factor not mentioned is the condition of the field at Burk-Toney. Last week a guy with a small helicopter went to try to dry it off before the Greenville game. Look outside and at the forecast this week! The field will be a mess for this game. It is going to be wet and cold. Last year MWest had their game moved because of these factors.

My thoughts are that the team that plays the most fundamentally sound wins this one. Both teams are better and not the same as in the first meeting. The home field advantage or 12th man thing would be big with most teams but, not with Maryville. The Maryville kids are used to playing in front of some real loud, jealous and obnoxious crowds simply because of the past success’s of the program. I agree that MW played an early tough schedule but did not win a game vs. a really good team. Maryville has played a tough post season vs. Knox Cent and Chatt Cent, both good teams and beat them. Maryville has also just proven when a key player like Thompson has an off game another player like Rouse can be called to step up and the offence not miss a beat, is a huge factor. Depth always is at this level! I think Maryville has the advantages of fundamentals and in the emotional mind set of getting the job done. I could be wrong.