Did Coach Kelly resign?

red dog

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

maybe he was unhappy at halftime because the coaches were giving each other "five " for being up by 10 . the players were hollering" remember HILLSBORO last year " and " let's stay focused " , and all the right things, while their coaches were walking off the field with big grins and giving each other " fives " . i doubt very seriously if the coaches would have been doing that if coach HELTON had been there . even though CENTRAL had wore our butts out in the first half , when i saw the coaches celebrating being ahead at halftime , i felt like we would come out and dominate the second half ............and we did .

Pepvol, I seriously doubt that the Central coaches were high fiving each other at half time. I know them very well, and they were anything but satisfied. You can say what you want, but that is a lie! I saw them at the half.

As far as Kelly goes, yes, the BiggCat is resigning. He needs a break, and I think that he has earned one. He has sacrificed a lot to coach at Central, and the program and players are forever indebted to him.

chscat Posted on Nov 25 - 12:10 PM

Pepvol, I seriously doubt that the Central coaches were high fiving each other at half time. I know them very well, and they were anything but satisfied. You can say what you want, but that is a lie! I saw them at the half.

As far as Kelly goes, yes, the BiggCat is resigning. He needs a break, and I think that he has earned one. He has sacrificed a lot to coach at Central, and the program and players are forever indebted to him. 

you can call me a liar all you want , i saw it with my own eyes , plus i have several witnesses !! they weren't hi - fiving , but they were giving each other fives . they were in the end zone closest to the trees , about to go through the gate to the locker room . i'm not trying to start anything , just telling what i saw , it shocked me , because i've never seen coaches doing that at half time before . i'm not a liar i can assure you of that .

Edited by pepvol

chscat Posted on Nov 25 - 12:27 PM

Well, they weren't high fiving. If they were congratulating each other it was on playing a good half, not having won the game. I was standing there too when they came off of the field. 

i never did say anything about hi fiving . myself , and several other fans saw them congratulating (giving each other five .... a low five ) each other , and it just struck us as strange . i'm sure with the circumstances surrounding coach HELTON , that the emotions were very high , but i still was surprised to see them " congratulating " each other at half time .... while still on the field ..... right in front of the MARYVILLE fans . just think how we felt . that's all i have to say about this , wasn't trying to start anything , was just surprised when i saw that . and yes i did see this , and no , i'm not a liar . oh , and btw , i've never , ever seen the MARYVILLE coaches congratulating each other at half time .

Does it really matter if they were high fiving? I could care less if they were high fiving, low fiving, or swapping slobber. If I were in their shoes I would have been somewhere close to the mareville coaches and players pointing and taunting them while pointing at the scoreboard and moondogging in the endzone. That always worked well for me when I was coaching.