We need a new athletic association

southernpride

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some of my best memories of high school football were made playing BA and MUS all the time. I thought it was great, win or lose. I wish it was still 3 classifications and everyone was in the same boat and may the best team win whether they are public or private.

That's the most encouraging thing I've heard all day. At least SOME people out there have a little sense!!

Some of my best memories of high school football were made playing BA and MUS all the time. I thought it was great, win or lose. I wish it was still 3 classifications and everyone was in the same boat and may the best team win whether they are public or private.

9yrold....You are the epitome of what use to be great. It`s sad that nowadays things have taken a turn for the worse. We now have 5 championships and people still aren`t satisfied. They look for excuses.

I wish we`d just go back to the 3 class system too. Then maybe people wouldn`t be so expectant that they should win.

9yrold....You are the epitome of what use to be great. It`s sad that nowadays things have taken a turn for the worse. We now have 5 championships and people still aren`t satisfied. They look for excuses.

I wish we`d just go back to the 3 class system too. Then maybe people wouldn`t be so expectant that they should win.

You might as just well go to 1.

You might as just well go to 1.

That's really not such a bad idea. The proliferation of "State Championships" and the single minded focus on achieving one of them is what has created this problem. I wouldn't be against eliminating state championships altogether.

The ongoing debate about "who's better" that takes place continuously on this board is evidence enough that we don't have a true state champion. We even have a Tennessee state football champion this year from the state of Mississippi!!

Having recently accepted the job as President of the new Tennessee High School Football League that I offered myself, my first action is to create 4 divisions of football.

The divisions will be created based on number of students at each school. Any school has the ability to play up, but none can play down a division.

All Private schools that offer financial aid must play at the D4 level, no questions.

If you have a problem with another coach or team, beat them on the field; do not call me and whine about it.

If you don't like it that Brentwood Academy kicks your tail, then coach your kids better and teach them better like they do.

Roll Red Roll

That's the most encouraging thing I've heard all day. At least SOME people out there have a little sense!!

Used to it meant something to make the playoffs. It meant you had a good team. Now, almost all first round games are 50-0 blowouts and who really wants to pay $7 to see that crap.

Four teams per region is a joke and then you might have a large region with a 6-4 team that stays home and the next region sends a 2-8 team to get slaughtered. Go figure!

Having recently accepted the job as President of the new Tennessee High School Football League that I offered myself, my first action is to create 4 divisions of football.

The divisions will be created based on number of students at each school. Any school has the ability to play up, but none can play down a division.

All Private schools that offer financial aid must play at the D4 level, no questions.

If you have a problem with another coach or team, beat them on the field; do not call me and whine about it.

If you don't like it that Brentwood Academy kicks your tail, then coach your kids better and teach them better like they do.

Roll Red Roll

I'm fine with your proposal, but let's start using MBA as the big, bad bully on the block...shall we!!

We might as well get ready to create a new association because the lawsuit is going to destroy the TSSAA. When the new one is created privates go there way and publics go there way. No reason to fuss, ###### or moan. I hope to goodness the new director of the new organization is not Ronnie Carter!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D