6'4, Forward

5.) Rodney Henderson, (Sr) Howard

6'3, Wing

Honorable Mention:

Jonathan Cook, Chattanooga Christian School

Tim Cooper, Rhea County

Ryan Merriman, Chattanooga Central

Trey Tindell, Baylor School

I don't know if Jujuan is one of the top five players in the area but he is surely a top ten. It is hard to tell how good he is. The points don't tell a whole lot about a player. He is the only one on a subpar team that can play. Any of the ten listed could average what Jujuan does if they shot as many times and were the only player on the team that can score. Example, Bradley has five players in double figures, it is hard for any one player to score 30 points. Jujuan had a chance to go to Cleveland this summer but he chose to stay here at McMinn mainly because he would be behind Little in attention getting. Don't get me wrong... I am glad that he stayed here and he is a great player. I just don't know how great he is. The test, can he score 40 against Cleveland and lead his team to a win. Can he score 40 against Bradley and lead his team to victory? If he does then he gets my vote for top five.

I don't know if Jujuan is one of the top five players in the area but he is surely a top ten. It is hard to tell how good he is. The points don't tell a whole lot about a player. He is the only one on a subpar team that can play. Any of the ten listed could average what Jujuan does if they shot as many times and were the only player on the team that can score.

You're right. He is by far the best on what many consider a sub-par team. But because of this, JuJuan (unlike Pickel or Hare or some of these others) knows he is going to see double and triple teams every night he steps on the floor. Yet his numbers still speak for themselves. It is easy to tell how good he is.

If everyone knows that he is all McMinn has, why can't they stop him? The reason is because he is definitely one of the top 5 in the area. So far, he's got my vote as the best.

All I can say is that the Times Freepress gets an "F" for effort as far as research on this upcoming season goes. JuJuan Smith is the 3rd best player in the area behind Pickle and Hare. Charles Little is only 6'5" by the way; and all the kid can do is dunk! Having enormous amounts of leaping ability does not make you a Top 3 player! JuJuan Smith can really play and deserves to be in the Top 3.

It shocks me not seeing Jajuan Smith being in the top 5. I sorta agree with the top two that were picked, but the rest were just silly. I have personally seen him play against the other top 10 players in the chattanooga area, and they really cant stop him. Check his numbers ladies and gentlemen... they speak for themselves. He is basically a one man team at Mcminn County, but he is giving them a winning record and in my opinion one of the best players in TN if not the best.

I think it depends on what you are looking for. If I had a vote Smith would be my #1 because he is the best all-around player in the area. He has very little help and still puts up big numbers. He has improved dramatically over last year. His vision is unmatched on the court. Pickel would be my 2nd choice and is clutch in the big games. Hare would be in my top 5, but not in top 3 and Little wouldn't even make top 5. Here's why. Hare does his damage against Bradley's weaker opponents. Look at Bradley's big games last year and see who led them, it was Pickel. The only exception was the state championship game where Pickel drew White Station's best defender and had an off night (mostly due to the defense). Little is nothing more than a good leaper. He doesn't have a good shot and has no handles to create. He's just big and can leap.