The most awesome quote from a coach

VolunteerGeneral

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hampton got beat pretty good by a non regional team. In a interview after the game with a Asst Coach, he made this statment. "We lost this game because of a bad call. What bad call are you talking about? The call we made to schedule this game."

I'm quite sure you're referring to the one-and-only Doug Phillips, when ask about the Bulldogs game with Knox Catholic this season.

Edited by krichunaka

after beating a team 60-0 the previous Friday, and finally expecting an easy day of practice on Monday, Coach John Tucker of Milan said "boys, we didn't look too good" and put us through 4 days of brutal practices, boot camp style

Edited by cofo

Just after defeating #1 Ranked Sevier County ('2000) on the road, Graham Clark of Kingspor t Dobyns Bennett said to the team:

"Men, this may be the happiest moments in your life.Whether you compare it with when you get married or when you get divorced, this will be a one your happiest moments."

Roll Tribe Roll

Giddy Up!!!

Edited by ArtVandalay

• 1 year later...

General Franks stated this gem from his high school coach:

"Boys, I want you to line up in a circle back to back facing me."

My high school coach, John Olsen:

(To the wide receivers): "Gentlemen, I want you to jump to the peak of heightness."

And in fond memory of Nick Coutras, his immortal phrase: "That's crap, fella's" When Coach Coutras would use the word crap, you knew he was furious.

After a pretty good onfield collision, the defensive player wanted to come out of the game and started to leave the field:

Coach: What are you doing?

Player: I'm seein' three of each of 'em coach.

Coach: Just hit the one in the middle!!

And that is from the hat scene in "It's A Wonderful Life".

Best quote ever? Um ...

"It's been a long time coming, and if God ain't in a mind to rush, I ain't in a mind to rush Him." :thumb: