Who won Franklin/G-Town game - Confused?

Weave

It was a heck of a ride. GWAVE1, thanks for being... hmm, couldn't fit a light joe in there! :lol: You all are awesome.

There is no truth to be spoken. You said I wasn't around because we got beat. I wasn't around because I was still over at Franklin. If that means I'm a sore loser... wow. We got beat tonight, plain and simple.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, here's the thirty-second synopsis. Franklin came out early scoring quickly to make it 10-0. From there, Germantown slugged, and I do mean slugged, their way back into it. I think Franklin's physicality suprised them at first, but once they got going they definitely used their size to their advantage. The second and third quarters are probably what killed Franklin. With the wind against them it was impossible to throw and Germantown was able to pick up points while Franklin did not. The rebels had a chance at the end, but were just not able to put it in. Congrats to Germantown, they have a very good team and they made fewer mistakes tonight. To Franklin and especially the players that get on here...ya'll are a special group of guys. People doubted you before the season yet again, and yet again you surprised many people. You did what no other Rebel team before you did, and for that you should be proud. To the seniors, keep your heads up guys. Twenty years down the road you'll have plenty to brag about and if you still live in Franklin you can always go over to Brentwood and start up a conversation about how ya'll whooped 'em twice.

i was at the game and first off heck of a game to both teams, they both played hard and it could have gone either way. the ball just bounced germantowns way and franklin just didnt seem to be in rhythm. i do think franklin is the better football team tho but all you gotta do is play better then the other team for 48 mins and you win. breaking down the game, well a lot of running and a fast game. if g-town wants to win state they gotta be able to pass because riverdale has a pretty good defense and u cant just run to beat them. franklin pulled out early to a 10-0 lead and germantown came back making it 10-6 which was the score at the half and the 2nd half well pretty much controlled by the red devils, the coaches made some good adjustments and they were able ot pull it out, all i know is joe bell #33 was wide open if solima only looked at him but he tried forcing the throw into double coverage, this was 4th down and bell easily had the td so i dunno just a exciting game but ill tell u right now if germantown doesnt learn how to pass well the state championship could get ugly good luck to both teams