Hillsboro-Melrose game

gator

It's not just our turn with MHS out, we would have taken the thing no matter who we played.  MBA--that means you, too.

Easy to say it when you don't have to play it.

Ah don't let the little man and his computer bother you too much. He has waited two long years to gloat about Maryville getting beat because his Burros and their mighty coach had two shots and could not get it done. B)

MHS

So how's da view from the back seat? Looks nice up front.

:D

Peace.

Kind of hard to see back here. The sun is shinning bright and the light on all these Gold Footballs has vision down to about zero. You should be fine though. Even if you don't get outcoached again Saturday as you have the past two years one should not pose a big problem. In all honesty I hope for your sake you guys win. I would hate to be you on this board if you don't. I think I remember you though from last year. You were the one making some type of excuse for the 2001 game and some scheme your coach used on defense that backfired and vowed it would be different in 2002. All BS aside you guys have had great teams the past two years. And as I have told the Mo West fans on other threads we got beat by the better team this past saturday. I am not into excuses. Nor would I ever hate another program for any reason. You ought to try humbleness sometime it might look good on you. Be careful. If Pearl Cohn can beat you on a given night this year Morristown West can as well. Don't know your age but were you around when Namath and the Jets played the Colts in the Super Bowl. Anything can happen.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great banter....

You guys make me laugh. :D

I, too, hated to see Melrose lose. A great team that came within two points to being in back-to-back state championship games. Hillsboro must have a great team this year (saw them last year vs. Maryville and know they were good then) to rush for 450+ yards on Melrose. Good luck in getting the gold ball on Saturday.

Great win for Mo-Town West as they finally pulled one out over Maryville.

Should be a good game Saturday.

Saintdogg

Thanks for the kind sentiments. It took all we had to prevent Melrose from pulling out the win, what with coughing up the dang ball 5 blasted times. Glad we got that out of our system. B)

How was Melrose 2 points away from being in back-to-back state finals?

It's not just our turn with MHS out, we would have taken the thing no matter who we played.  MBA--that means you, too.

Easy to say it when you don't have to play it.

Ah don't let the little man and his computer bother you too much. He has waited two long years to gloat about Maryville getting beat because his Burros and their mighty coach had two shots and could not get it done. B)

MHS

So how's da view from the back seat? Looks nice up front.

:D

Peace.

Kind of hard to see back here. The sun is shinning bright and the light on all these Gold Footballs has vision down to about zero. You should be fine though. Even if you don't get outcoached again Saturday as you have the past two years one should not pose a big problem. In all honesty I hope for your sake you guys win. I would hate to be you on this board if you don't. I think I remember you though from last year. You were the one making some type of excuse for the 2001 game and some scheme your coach used on defense that backfired and vowed it would be different in 2002. All BS aside you guys have had great teams the past two years. And as I have told the Mo West fans on other threads we got beat by the better team this past saturday. I am not into excuses. Nor would I ever hate another program for any reason. You ought to try humbleness sometime it might look good on you. Be careful. If Pearl Cohn can beat you on a given night this year Morristown West can as well. Don't know your age but were you around when Namath and the Jets played the Colts in the Super Bowl. Anything can happen.

Nah. That wasn't me. The only excuses we had was not enough great players to last a full game. You really had us on that one -- both years. No one can deny that a deep bench is a definite bonus. That will just about the only advantage MoWest will have Sat.

Joe Willie Namath: yes, he predicted a miracle win in the late 60's for the Jets, I believe. They pulled it out, too. We will win it sat., but we are not long shots by any stretch.

Oh, when we win don't none of you's guys try to horn in on the victory shots! I know these celebrations started to become a habit in early Dec. with you Rebs!

Man! Why couldn't Maryville win last w/e?!

Say Cheese! B)

MHS

NEWSFLASH: Hillsboro neither solicits or expects to get any support from Maryville fans. Support MoWest for all I care. Most of you guys think the west TN border runs along the Cumberland Plateau, anyway. :D

Hillsboro will put on a good clinic and become new 4A champs.

At their own hand, your rebels are out of this hunt. Too bad. We had a favor to return. Deal with it. I have zero sympathy for you guys. Peace.

GO BURROS!!!!!

And your sympathy is so very very important to me!

And I feel so very sad for you all!

Nah. That wasn't me. The only excuses we had was not enough great players to last a full game. You really had us on that one -- both years. No one can deny that a deep bench is a definite bonus. That will just about the only advantage MoWest will have Sat.

Joe Willie Namath: yes, he predicted a miracle win in the late 60's for the Jets, I believe. They pulled it out, too. We will win it sat., but we are not long shots by any stretch.

Oh, when we win don't none of you's guys try to horn in on the victory shots! I know these celebrations started to become a habit in early Dec. with you Rebs!

Say Cheese! :blink:

Please note that this in only one poster, and does not represent Hillsboro football.

Maryville fans, ignore this poster. He is not expressing the view or attitude of Hillsboro football.

First thing i want to say is Maryvill congrats a very good season, I know you would rather be playing one last game. But my hat is off to your kids and fans for never giving up saturday i attended the game and your kids never gave up. I was really hoping to see you win so we could get another chance at the rebs. Even though you all didnt win your pas run and win streak is a awsome feat. I know your coaching staff will have you rdy to make another state champ run next year.

Now on to KP9481 please refrain from making the burros and fans looking like fools. Lets just concentrate on the task at hand Mo West. Anything that the few reb fans said not the majority said in the past that upset you is just that in the past. From what i have seen on these boards is maryville wins and loses with class there is always a few for all teams that show poor sportmanship, KP dont put yourself in that class.

I look forward to a action packed game saturday,and hopefully the burros can add a gold ball to go with the 2 silverones.

GO BURROS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i hope hillsboro will finally win state i graduated from riverdale and i am good friends with many of the burros last year as we arrived to the stadium and they were winning only to loose to maryville has to be disheartening come on burros finish the job this year and calvin bryant keep your head up boy fight through the injury one of my high school teamates taron henry got hurt extremely bad but now he's back and faster than he was before.

Nah. That wasn't me.  The only excuses we had was not enough great players to last a full game.  You really had us on that one -- both years.  No one can deny that a deep bench is a definite bonus.  That will just about the only advantage MoWest will have Sat.

Joe Willie Namath: yes, he predicted a miracle win in the late 60's for the Jets, I believe. They pulled it out, too.  We will win it sat., but we are not long shots by any stretch.

Oh, when we win don't none of you's guys try to horn in on the victory shots!  I know these celebrations started to become a habit in early Dec. with you Rebs!

Say Cheese!  :D

Please note that this in only one poster, and does not represent Hillsboro football.

Maryville fans, ignore this poster. He is not expressing the view or attitude of Hillsboro football.

StanTrott

Good morning.

I represent Hillsboro football as much as you do. You didn't write "the book". Several Burros I've heard from since last Dec. aren't so much mad that Maryville won last year -- they're mad about the way some of their players rubbed it in...all the way to the Shrine Game last summer--atleast one Rebel is on the team this year. So for the record: Hillsboro didn't choke.

I was also one of the first ones on here last year congratulating the Rebels on their win. But my opinion of their program has become somewhat more tapered aince then.

And if you couldn't detect some of the sarcasm in my posts then that's your problem. :blink:

Great banter....

You guys make me laugh.  :blink:

I, too, hated to see Melrose lose.  A great team that came within two points to being in back-to-back state championship games.  Hillsboro must have a great team this year (saw them last year vs. Maryville and know they were good then) to rush for 450+ yards on Melrose.  Good luck in getting the gold ball on Saturday.

Great win for Mo-Town West as they finally pulled one out over Maryville.

Should be a good game Saturday.

Saintdogg

Thanks for the kind sentiments. It took all we had to prevent Melrose from pulling out the win, what with coughing up the dang ball 5 blasted times. Glad we got that out of our system. :D

How was Melrose 2 points away from being in back-to-back state finals?

Last year, Melrose lost 7-6 = 1 point. This year, 27-26 = 1 point. So that's where I came up with them being two points away from two state championship games. And yes, you could argue that they would need two more points to win those two games, but they had to at least have tied Hillsboro. Anyway, enough jibber-jabber.

you're crazy if you think hillsboro would be able to play with mba. they wouldn't be able to play with ba or christian brothers either. their quarterback is a good athlete but he would have to pass against mba. hillsboro has the most predictable offense i've ever seen. bryant would have no yards against mba, they would get in the back field every time against him. mba stopped players all year much better than anyone on hillsboro's team and they would have no trouble stopping their "amazing" running game. mba's offense would absolutely destory their defense. it would be hilarious to watch them trying to defend fisher's passes. walter fisher jr. is amazing though. if hillsboro and mba played right now i would say mba would win 30-6.