Is McMinn's "The Juice" the best in SE TN?

atn301

I have personal experience gaurding this little boy you call "the juice." He is no more than a little boy. That is why he quit football. He is a weak child that will not amount to much more than a little cardboard carton of "juice."

While I admit my experience was when he played receiver, he caught one ball (while not being gaurded by me), and it was not for more than 10 yards. Yeah, i'm not stupid, I know this is basketball, but he is not strong, and that transends sports. He will be shut down if he goes up against a stronger (even smaller) player.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

he is the real deal. Saw him have a nice dunk, and two four point plays all within a couple of minutes in the rhea county tournament. Very good player and could have had a future in football had he stuck it out. Good size and speed at wide receiver. Hated to see him give it up to concentrate on basketball. Good luck this season.

hey don't crack people for what are obviously "typos" i think he knows how to spell "guarding" seeing as he is more than likely youre intellectual superior. however I do disagree with the "strenth transcending sports" comment... you can be a relatively weak player and still dominate in basketball based on speed, quickness, leaping ability, skill, and fundamentals... JuJuan Smith has these and they are what make him a good basketball player, not brute strength... I mean Shaq can dominate the Paint in the NBA but the guy can't hit a freakin' free throw. I mean he couldn't win a stuffed animal at a carnival to save his life, and thats why the lakers didn't win it all last season, if you don't have the fundamentals down youre gonna be exposed in basketball...

I have personal experience gaurding this little boy you call "the juice." He is no more than a little boy. That is why he quit football. He is a weak child that will not amount to much more than a little cardboard carton of "juice."

While I admit my experience was when he played receiver, he caught one ball (while not being gaurded by me), and it was not for more than 10 yards. Yeah, i'm not stupid, I know this is basketball, but he is not strong, and that transends sports. He will be shut down if he goes up against a stronger (even smaller) player.

Who won that game by the way.... oh I think Mcminn did. Not only is he the man at basketball, but he still has the skills in football to go D1. We all know your a nerd from ooltewah that cant play any sports and sits at home and reads all day long. Jajuan Smith is the REAL DEAL in basketball..... his numbers prove everything.

To clear up any misconceptions you may have:

1. Jujuan quit football because of a difference between the new coach and himself. I do honestly believe that he could have gotten a football scholarship as well as a b-ball scholarship. (I guess the letters and phone calls from Virginia and Clemson were prank calls)

2. People seem to think that because he scores 20-45 points/game that he is a "ball hog". NOT TRUE!!!! His main problem is that the players around him cannot play to his level. Thats not a knock on McMinns players but it's the simple truth. If any of you care to look at the stat books you will see that he has ALOT of assist in every game.

3. He brings alot to the table when you play him, he is a threat from anywhere on the court. That opens up his teammates to possibilities. Just his presence in a game gives McMinn a mental boost.

And if your such a GREAT football player, what happened the next week against Riverdale? Before you get on here and tout yourself as great, remember what happened to the mighty Owls this football season. You want to talk about tradition then make the playoffs 10 YEARS IN A ROW, then you can talk.

Good luck to Jujuan Smith and the rest of the Cherokees, I'll be cheering for you in Athens on friday, should be a good game.

man, all he did was say he didnt see what the big deal was with jujuan smith. why do you have to make it a personal affront to you? we killed mcminn that year, then got beaten by riverdale... those are the facts, but if you are going to talk trash about us for getting beaten by riverdale imagine what would have happened to mcminn seeing as we thrashed yall so thoroughly... oh, and yes Ooltewah did have a bad season this year but seeing has how they are all soph's and Juniors I would guess theyll do some things next year...but then again this is a basketball board, so what say we keep it on subject from here on out... I personally believe JuJuan SMith is the best Basketball player in East Tennessee, however some will say he isn't, its a message board we are allowed opinions...

Edited by stayNskool

Jujuan quit the football team because he did not show up for some of the practices with the new coach. When he showed up to start he was told he would have to run extra to make up for it. He refused telling others he would just concentrate on basketball. He underestimated the new coach and his integrity. Jujuan also needs to worry about the books and his ACT score to get into these top colleges who are calling. Basketball is a great way to get a ride to college, but you must have acceptable scores to gain admission. Once there, they will take care of him, but getting there will be tough. He needs this, and local fans want him to make it. It is always good to root for locals excelling.