MoWest/Hillsboro

WestHightrojanfan2007

Three of Melrose's touchdowns were direct results of causing turnovers at mid field or better. They had one drive for a touchdown late in the game when our SS got torched when we should have been playing four deep prevent at the end. Heffner completed several passes but it was otherwise a battle for them as the receivers were quickly contained. We scored 27 points against a very good and fast defense. If MoWest is comparable they will have to score 4 TD's and give up no more than that to compete.

The Loss of Calvin: Look for Jamie Boyd to fill in very capably at fullback for the Burros. He can handle DE too, if that's the choice. His injury will be more incentive, a rallying cry for the lack of Maryville showing up.

As for Motown's chances: I give them the same Hillsboro had in the finals its first year. There are several comparisons to make.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I congratulated Morristown for winning the game vs. Maryville on another thread. So I am not bashing Morristown. Good luck to the Trojans.

However, looking at the game Hillsboro vs. Morristown I can say I do not think Morristown has much of a chance matching up vs. Hillsboro. Don’t think because Morristown beat Maryville the program has arrived, the state game is a very different task indeed! Win the state then more respect is given. Maryville played the worst game they played in years. That sloppy field did not allow Maryville athletes to cut and move. The interceptions thrown were bad forced throws and catches not made. Morristown did not need to cut up the field because they again demonstrated to me they are still one dimensional on offence, “UP the Middle”. If Maryville had stopped the up the middle, Morristown would have been at home this weekend. Hillsboro will not allow Morristown to control the middle I don’t think. Morristown will not be able to change the schedule on this game because it will be cold or wet, the Trojans will have to be there on Saturday. I also doubt Morristown has played a defense with Hillsboro's size, speed and strength. Hillsboro is very hungry and has game experience on artificial turf. Hillsboro can throw the ball this year and Morristown has not done to well with the pass. I think the Trojans will fight hard and not lay down but I don’t think they are ready for the big fast athletes Hillsboro will bring to the game. The upside for Morristown is Bryant won’t score three TD’s on them! Morristown will be soundly defeated by Hillsboro.

I also think Cinderella turns back into a pumpkin on Saturday night!

I congratulated Morristown for winning the game vs. Maryville on another thread.  So I am not bashing Morristown.  Good luck to the Trojans.

However, looking at the game Hillsboro vs. Morristown I can say I do not think Morristown has much of a chance matching up vs. Hillsboro.  Don’t think because Morristown beat Maryville the program has arrived, the state game is a very different task indeed!  Win the state then more respect is given.  Maryville played the worst game they played in years.  That sloppy field did not allow Maryville athletes to cut and move.  The interceptions thrown were bad forced throws and catches not made.  Morristown did not need to cut up the field because they again demonstrated to me they are still one dimensional on offence, “UP the Middle”.  If Maryville had stopped the up the middle, Morristown would have been at home this weekend.  Hillsboro will not allow Morristown to control the middle I don’t think.  Morristown will not be able to change the schedule on this game because it will be cold or wet, the Trojans will have to be there on Saturday.  I also doubt Morristown has played a defense with Hillsboro's size, speed and strength.  Hillsboro is very hungry and has game experience on artificial turf.  Hillsboro can throw the ball this year and Morristown has not done to well with the pass.  I think the Trojans will fight hard and not lay down but I don’t think they are ready for the big fast athletes Hillsboro will bring to the game.  The upside for Morristown is Bryant won’t score three TD’s on them!  Morristown will be soundly defeated by Hillsboro. 

Just to let you know, our fastest running back (#25 James) has a pulled hamstring. He only saw limited action in the game and did not go outside. He is one of the quickest to the outside that I have seen in a long time. He will be at 100% for Hillsboro, so there goes your theory of only running up the middle. As for the field, MoWest played on the same field as Maryville did. It was equal for both of them. MoWest is not one dimensional. The have a great passing game which the showed off against Jefferson County. They did not us it in the game against Maryville because the conditions did not allow for it.

As for the interceptions, Maryville did make some bad passes, but MoWest's defence put a lot of presure on the QB. He was rushed or hit on almost every int. Peewee #98 and E #42 had a great game. They put the presure on when it needed to be. Also, I don't forsee Hillsboro running on MoWest. So if Hillsboro wants to win, it will be through the air. Something that Hillsboro still has not proven that they can do.

C-man said:

"I don't see Hillsboro running on MoWest."

:D

Okay. How about: roll over, bulldoze, ram through, step over, breeze by. I like those adjectives better, too.

This week, ask Melrose's "vaunted" defense what our 400+ yards rushing felt like after the game. Then, this Sunday morning ask MoWest's defense the same question.

congrats to Mwest on a great game. proud of the rebels for not quitting. i think for Mwest to beat hillsboro they will have to play great d and control the ball on Off. don't give up the big plays make hillsboro earn every yard. dont be happy to just be their. bring the gold back to east tenn. good luck.

my pick is Mwest 17 Hillsboro 14.

98 (pee wee) should have been mr. football

great kick by the kicker for Mwest to get the win , someone should take him out for steak dinner

These Trojans are comin to play! First time bein there and we are takin it all! WE just like Hillsboro had our dreams taken away by maryville 2 years in a roll, so yeah we no what it feels like to lose to them. But we did somethin Hillsboro hasnt and thats beat Maryville. So to all u haters out there just wait till saturday. We have one of the best D's and a pretty good O. I dont think this is gona be a high scoring game for either team cause we both have good D's. But them Trojans will come out tha champs 14-10.

I congratulated Morristown for winning the game vs. Maryville on another thread. So I am not bashing Morristown. Good luck to the Trojans.

However, looking at the game Hillsboro vs. Morristown I can say I do not think Morristown has much of a chance matching up vs. Hillsboro. Don’t think because Morristown beat Maryville the program has arrived, the state game is a very different task indeed! Win the state then more respect is given. Maryville played the worst game they played in years. That sloppy field did not allow Maryville athletes to cut and move. The interceptions thrown were bad forced throws and catches not made. Morristown did not need to cut up the field because they again demonstrated to me they are still one dimensional on offence, “UP the Middle”. If Maryville had stopped the up the middle, Morristown would have been at home this weekend. Hillsboro will not allow Morristown to control the middle I don’t think. Morristown will not be able to change the schedule on this game because it will be cold or wet, the Trojans will have to be there on Saturday. I also doubt Morristown has played a defense with Hillsboro's size, speed and strength. Hillsboro is very hungry and has game experience on artificial turf. Hillsboro can throw the ball this year and Morristown has not done to well with the pass. I think the Trojans will fight hard and not lay down but I don’t think they are ready for the big fast athletes Hillsboro will bring to the game. The upside for Morristown is Bryant won’t score three TD’s on them! Morristown will be soundly defeated by Hillsboro.

The reason West went up the middle is that they are better than Maryville. The field did not aid West in any way both teams played on it and it was in good shape. West didn't get any breaks, they made the breaks. Stop crying, YOU GOT BEAT.