Who is the best point guard in the state?

mrpigscmpn

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Labrian Lyons is the best point guard in the state right now simply because he is impossible to guard at that position. His overall athletic ability is to much to handle for opposing pg's. He is to strong, to good of a shooter, jumps to high, and to good of a ball distributer to defend. When the RHS football players come back he will probably be moved to the 3 position, but right now he would have to be the best in the state. Isaiah Phillips from Blackman is also very good, he is not much of a scorer, but without him Price and Lee would not get near as many looks. Justin Hare and Kellin Pickle from BC are also very good.

I'll go with White Station PG Reiley Ervin... coming into this year, Ervin did not have the notoriety that many players accross the state had, but I had him as the #6 Sr in the state reguardless. So far this year, Ervin has outplayed PG phenoms Willie Kemp and Andre Allen. Ervin outscored Allen 17-5 head to head last week, while dropping 8 assists. Ervin has outstanding quickness, great descision-making skills, superb passing ability, and a pure outside shot that mirrors Arizona's Salim Stoudamire... The kid is a flat out star, and will be at the next level as well....

Brent McPherson doesn't have the physical athleticism of some of the guards previously listed, but he provides his team with so many other intangibles. Leadership, court saavy, and game knowledge along with his shooting, passing abilities and his much improved defensive pressure this year him one of the best point guards.

i cant believe no one has mentioned jarrett jones of chester county! not only is he one of the best pg's hes one of the best athletes in the state. he can shoot the 3, penetrate, handle the ball really well, and on top of that being about 5'10" he can jump OUT of the gym. and anyone who has seen him play can can testify.

My pick for best point guard in the state is Willie Kemp from Bolivar Central. We played them last year in the sub-state when Willie was a freshman. He was so impressive then and this year, everytime Bolivar plays it seems as though he has 25+ points. This kid is definately tops in the state.