Morristown West vs. Hillsboro

GoodSpeed03

Region 4AA Tournament  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Region 4AA Tournament

this game will be no contest, west has 3 losses for crying out loud, there is no comparison between the 2 teams, maryville couldnt hang w/hillsboro this year and neither can west. Tibbs is one of the best backs in the state if not the best. Watch out for a big man named WALTER FISHER JR. did i mention that he is the 4A Mr. Football winner, he didnt play last year because he was ineligable, but was still pre-season all-state, what does that tell you.

Hillsboro's offense is too good and their defense is too

Boro 28, MoTown7 :rolleyes:

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fisher was only Mr. Football because of the Middle Tennessee Bias, and in East Tennessee we play tough team, not Tullahoma a scrubs like that.

The only team Hillboro has beat that is good is Melrose.

So just show up at the game and watch that team with three loss play before you start forming an oppionion.~!!!!

Oh yeah, you will get a look at 4A's real Mr. Football, because #98 Mr. Fanney will be causing problems all day long!

Experience? Yeah, that really helped Maryville this year. Don't say Hillsboro will win because of experience of being at the state. Their experience really helped them win the state, didn't it? Pee-Wee Fanney got screwed out of winning Mr. Football in 4-A. He is top three in the state as a football player. Alabama is going to sign him and Hillsboro will meet him on Saturday. Morristown West will win this football game. I called their win over Maryville because I saw Maryville and West play many times this year; I've also seen Hillsboro this year..three times to be exact. Morristown West..hands down is a better football team. Say what you say, West will be the 2003 State Champions.

Morristown West 28, Hillsboro 10

Experience? Yeah, that really helped Maryville this year. Don't say Hillsboro will win because of experience of being at the state. Their experience really helped them win the state, didn't it? Pee-Wee Fanney got screwed out of winning Mr. Football in 4-A. He is top three in the state as a football player. Alabama is going to sign him and Hillsboro will meet him on Saturday. Morristown West will win this football game. I called their win over Maryville because I saw Maryville and West play many times this year; I've also seen Hillsboro this year..three times to be exact. Morristown West..hands down is a better football team. Say what you say, West will be the 2003 State Champions.

Wow, you think Fanney got screwed out of winning Mr. Football in 4-A. He is top three in the state as a football player and is going to Alabama? I look at this Bama stuff pretty close and I don't think they are intrested in Mr. Fanny. Fisher from Hillsboro bama wants and another kid from Grundy County they also are talking to as far as TN kids go. Now I think Mr. Fanny is an very good DE, but I think he is wanted more by Virgina Tech. Good luck to him though.

You also think "Morristown West..hands down is a better football team"? That is a strech. No sour grapes here but Maryville did not show up and there is no doubt Knox Central and Chatt Central are better teams not to metion the three teams who defeated west this year.

I think when you get to see first hand that Hillsboro experienice on Saterday in Murfboro, you'll be a beliver. MoreWest has little chance at becoming the state champ this year in my opinion, but stranger things have happended.

maybe no sour grapes, but very ridiculous opinions...

maryville showed up, west held them to 14 twice, it was only a matter of finally putting 15 or more on the board, maryville knows how and when to show up for a game and they did not stay at home for the state semi-finals, don't use that or the field as an excuse

i thought west would finally get some respect, but saying that knox central and chatt central are better than them is insane, west may not be better than maryville all the time, but saturday they were, if anything, i'd call these teams dead even and say that it's a toss up who wins everytime these 2 squads meet, knox central may be close to west, but chatt central? no way

west lost 3 VERY close games at the beginning of the season with an incredibly young offense, there's no way to tell absolutely, it's impossible, but i'm willing to seriously bet that if west plays jeff co. or cleveland at the end of the season, playoffs in the particular (and i know jeff is 5A, this is all in theory) that west wins by 2 TDs

the hillsboro game.. i don't know about, good luck to west, i think they CAN, but i won't say they will, but i do know that that west DID beat maryville, and came 8 pts from doing it twice, give them the respect they deserve, i think most anybody would agree it's due to them and you owe it to them

Edited by GoodSpeed03

Who is this Catfish person who is throwing around all these rediculous predictions. I think he may be an expert in the field of High School football. He probably went to 2 games per week to have all the knowledge he has. Oh well, Got to agree with him on this one.

Hillsboro is just too much. Good luck Morristown West, but this isn't maryville and your not going to win

Hillsboro , you were a better team than Maryville last year and still got beat. I will say that you are the better team but you haven't proven yourself that you can play in the big one. Morristown West has not proven themselves in the big one at all. So this is why I beleve that it will be a close one. Coaching must go to West, this is why I think that it will be close. Athletes goes to Hillsboro if they come to play and play as a team I'll give them the edge, but never count out what Coach Woods and Coach Thompson will bring. Morristown is the underdog make no mistake about it, but the underdog has been known to win from time to time.

Hillsboro by a slim 7, But don't be to surprised if Morristown wins.

Edited by Relaxed1

Wow, you think Fanney got screwed out of winning Mr. Football in 4-A. He is top three in the state as a football player and is going to Alabama? I look at this Bama stuff pretty close and I don't think they are intrested in Mr. Fanny. Fisher from Hillsboro bama wants and another kid from Grundy County they also are talking to as far as TN kids go. Now I think Mr. Fanny is an very good DE, but I think he is wanted more by Virgina Tech. Good luck to him though.

You also think "Morristown West..hands down is a better football team"? That is a strech. No sour grapes here but Maryville did not show up and there is no doubt Knox Central and Chatt Central are better teams not to metion the three teams who defeated west this year.

I think when you get to see first hand that Hillsboro experienice on Saterday in Murfboro, you'll be a beliver. MoreWest has little chance at becoming the state champ this year in my opinion, but stranger things have happended.

For your information, our 3 loses this year were all close. Cleveland beat us the first game of the season. Maryville beat use by 8 points in a very close game and Jefferscon county beat us which is a 5A school. We have learned a lot since Cleveland and Maryville speaks for itself. I believe that Maryville may be the best in the state, but we were the last to beat them before the streak began. And we ended their steak, so that says a lot for the MoWest program. If we played Maryville 10 times, it would be 5-5. That is how equal the two programs have become. I'm not tryiong to take any thing away from Maryville. As far as Hillsboro goes, I believe that it will be a close game, but do not believe that Hillsboro will have much luck running the ball. If they are to win, they must throw the ball and with only 13 completions thus far, it doesn't look good. West on the other hand runs the ball mainly, but can throw. Minnich is 43 for 95 with only three ints. That is pretty good for high school. He isn't going to beat you with his arm, but will keep you honest. I'm picking West in a close one.

MoWest 17

Hillsboro 10

Beating Maryville- Big win

Winning state your first time there-Priceless

Brandon (PeeWee) Fanney is Mr. Football in our eyes.

Go #29, #25, #27, #42, #98, #23