Morristown West vs. Hillsboro

GoodSpeed03

Region 4AA Tournament  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Region 4AA Tournament

I disagree with the poster that said Chat Central was better than MOWest. MOWest has by far the best defense Maryvile saw all year. MOWest is probably a little better than Knox Central.Both teams are very good. Central has a better offense than West but their defense is no where close to being as good as MOWest.

I am not saying this to put down Chat Central because they have a fine team. I think next season Chatt Central will be dangerous. I think Central,Cleveland and MOWest lose more seniors than Chatt Central.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fisher was only Mr. Football because of the Middle Tennessee Bias, and in East Tennessee we play tough team, not Tullahoma a scrubs like that.

The only team Hillboro has beat that is good is Melrose.

So just show up at the game and watch that team with three loss play before you start forming an oppionion.~!!!!

Oh yeah, you will get a look at 4A's real Mr. Football, because #98 Mr. Fanney will be causing problems all day long!

Hillwood's not a good team???????

No. Hillwood is NOT a good team. They are decent at best, but not nearly good enough to prepare teams for the deeper rounds of the play-offs. Antioch was a good team. Stratford was a good team. And don't count out the Hillsboro coaching staff, they don't throw because they would rather run. They CAN and WILL be able to if they want to.

The backfield has been hurt by Bryant's (should have gotten a Mr. Football nomination, bulldozes teams for good yardage even with 8 or 9 in the box) injury, but it is still very potent. Jamie Boyd (number 2 fullback) is a good quality back and can put up good yardage. Tibbs, McCants, and Justin Merritt can all put up some yards when called, too. Hillsboro might be without Fridge, but MoWest still has a full plate when it comes to stopping the run.

Walter Fisher deserved Mr. Football. Period. End of story. He and his defense have been shutting down running teams ever since that fluke against Pearl(week 1).

Hillsboro beat Stratford by 10 with 140 yards in penalties. They beat Melrose (although only by 1) with SIX fumbles, losing four. If Hillsboro holds the ball and doesn't commit drive-killing penalties, MoWest will have to play a heck of a game to beat Hillsboro.

Hillsboro 24-14.

Those guys aren't athletic enough to beat Hillsboro.

M-West 14

Hillsboro 30

I don't agree MoreWest has some studs and will play hard and cause Hillsboro some trouble. I do think Hillsboro is the better team and has the experience to win on their third try at the boro'. I think Hillsboro will win by 10, but not many more.

Experience? Yeah, that really helped Maryville this year. Don't say Hillsboro will win because of experience of being at the state. Their experience really helped them win the state, didn't it? Pee-Wee Fanney got screwed out of winning Mr. Football in 4-A. He is top three in the state as a football player. Alabama is going to sign him and Hillsboro will meet him on Saturday. Morristown West will win this football game. I called their win over Maryville because I saw Maryville and West play many times this year; I've also seen Hillsboro this year..three times to be exact. Morristown West..hands down is a better football team. Say what you say, West will be the 2003 State Champions.

Morristown West 28, Hillsboro 10

Wow, you think Fanney got screwed out of winning Mr. Football in 4-A. He is top three in the state as a football player and is going to Alabama? I look at this Bama stuff pretty close and I don't think they are intrested in Mr. Fanny. Fisher from Hillsboro bama wants and another kid from Grundy County they also are talking to as far as TN kids go. Now I think Mr. Fanny is an very good DE, but I think he is wanted more by Virgina Tech. Good luck to him though.

You also think "Morristown West..hands down is a better football team"? That is a strech. No sour grapes here but Maryville did not show up and there is no doubt Knox Central and Chatt Central are better teams not to metion the three teams who defeated west this year.

I think when you get to see first hand that Hillsboro experienice on Saterday in Murfboro, you'll be a beliver. MoreWest has little chance at becoming the state champ this year in my opinion, but stranger things have happended.

Last time I checked, Va Tech was playing a little better that Bama anyway!

When two good teams play on one given day, anything can happen. The best team does not always win. Last year Hillsboro was the better team and still lost.

I know Hillsboro is good again this year. I do not know anything about MW, but they have to be a good team to be in the finals. And not just because they beat Maryville.

Two good teams with good players and good coaches.

It don't get any better than this.

Good luck to both teams

Experience? Yeah, that really helped Maryville this year. Don't say Hillsboro will win because of experience of being at the state. Their experience really helped them win the state, didn't it? Pee-Wee Fanney got screwed out of winning Mr. Football in 4-A. He is top three in the state as a football player. Alabama is going to sign him and Hillsboro will meet him on Saturday. Morristown West will win this football game. I called their win over Maryville because I saw Maryville and West play many times this year; I've also seen Hillsboro this year..three times to be exact. Morristown West..hands down is a better football team. Say what you say, West will be the 2003 State Champions.

Morristown West 28, Hillsboro 10

Wow, you think Fanney got screwed out of winning Mr. Football in 4-A. He is top three in the state as a football player and is going to Alabama? I look at this Bama stuff pretty close and I don't think they are intrested in Mr. Fanny. Fisher from Hillsboro bama wants and another kid from Grundy County they also are talking to as far as TN kids go. Now I think Mr. Fanny is an very good DE, but I think he is wanted more by Virgina Tech. Good luck to him though.

You also think "Morristown West..hands down is a better football team"? That is a strech. No sour grapes here but Maryville did not show up and there is no doubt Knox Central and Chatt Central are better teams not to metion the three teams who defeated west this year.

I think when you get to see first hand that Hillsboro experienice on Saterday in Murfboro, you'll be a beliver. MoreWest has little chance at becoming the state champ this year in my opinion, but stranger things have happended.

FB Emeritus,

FYI, Fanney has been offered a scholarship by Bama; in fact he was offered one back in July. I happen to know this because I am pretty close to the Alabama assistant coach who is recruiting him. By the way he has also been offered by UVA, Va. Tech and N.C. State.