Morristown West vs. Hillsboro

GoodSpeed03

Region 4AA Tournament  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Region 4AA Tournament

All I can say is what I know for sure. MoWest has all the heart and determination it takes to get to the top. They have gone through some tough times as a team and have emerged stronger for it. I will bet on them everytime. They are great kids and the coaches don't get any better. In the end it always comes down to who wants it more. MoWest wins this.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FYI, Fanney has been offered a scholarship by Bama; in fact he was offered one back in July. I happen to know this because I am pretty close to the Alabama assistant coach who is recruiting him. By the way he has also been offered by UVA, Va. Tech and N.C. State.

This is a fact Fanney can go to any of these fine schools. He's a great player and will eat hillsboro's line for lunch, not to mention Emmanuel Fredrick #42, Chris Long #92, and Matt Mart #48. They Have a Great linebacking Crew in Kaleb Goforth #49, Steven Dorning #46, John Henderson #47, And Scotty Dixion #31. At Free Safety We Got Scotty Mull #28 and Tyler Moore. Strong Safety would be Tim Weatherall #30. Starting Corners are two great athletes Matt Rice #7 And Brad Harris #33. The Offense is Built around There Amazing Offensive line. LT John Wampler#70, LG Drew Collins#61, C Sean McClellean#55, RG Jordan Carson#69,RT Dylan Stevens#50. They Roll Six Running Backs so dont't count on them getting tired.They are Lead by a powerful Quaterback named John Minnich#12. Im not gonna lie to you I play for this team and "Were Going to the SHIP"(PW) We are going to bring the Ring home to morristown.

Roll Trojans Roll!

Dear Folks,

After watcing the ongoing DL and HHS game, I say forget the predictions!

OR vs Riverdale was down to a couple of plays. What about MW?

Back when "littleman" played there, OR won the game and the winner was to go on. The loser, to play Kingsport DB, and lose. Well, as I left the game, DB scouts were on the path, next to their van. I ask them about the game. They srugged it off like it was nothing. They said, "Good luck to a team that is going to lose" to me, refering to OR and their next opponent, MW. The next weekend, playoffs and DB met MW. Well... low and behold in 3 ots, MW won the game. The 1st ranked DB's were gone for the season. MW lost the next game, as I recall, but did eliminate DB on the way.

So much for predictions. Look at HHS at this very moment! And that guy just turned 15 on Thanksgiving!!!@ Who can say..not me. That is why we play the game.

Still, from this diehare OR fan(50 years worth of games)...I say

Go Morristown West! Whoop em!

God Bless. Dart.

Edited by Dart

Off to the game. Time to tailgate. Hillsboro's the only midstate team left that can win a championship now. Lipscomb...man, what happened? Jeesh, I feel for ya. Backup plan: we're gonna bring home the gold football to Green Hills, anyway.

WE WILL NOT BE DENIED IN '03.

BURROS BY ATLEAST 14. FISHER, JR., DEFENSIVE MVP; DOSS, OFFENSIVE MVP.

DISCLAIMER: If by some miracle we lose, I'll be back here to eat some crow, Stantrott be danged. :D

Sorry but mo-town is not the stronger team. Hillsboro is going to absolutey run all over mo-town. and yes experience has to do with it. O yea if maryville played mo-town on friday night maryville wins. I even heard that a college was going to let you guys have a cover but you guys rejected it. Hillsboro 42 Motown 7 (if that)

West needs to get offensive production. That is this teams weakness, not be able to put up big numbers against big teams. Hillsboro has a high powered offnese and Defense. West has a high powered offense. Hillsboro is shining the 1st half due to their offense. Can West do the same? That is the key for West.

Dear Skunk,

If I got the overtime mixed up, sorry on that one! The scout did say it( that was some years ago!!) but that is not at all characteristic of our reception at DB, or DB at OR. Great reception, good fans, great rivalry is the norm, for sure. That was probably a quirk, one person not a team or a tradition. No sweat on that one, done and forgotten, doesn't matter.

Watching tonight, I think DB or OR could score on Gemantown...but would have to score a lot since GT would run the ball and run the ball even more.

Yep. wish MW had done better. First time is tough. Anytime is tough. Never thought to see this strength from west TN but they did it for the first time in 20 years. Super to see Fulton roll....as did Kansas St. over OK tonight! Wow!

Best wishes to all DB players and fans. We will see you next year. Gotta reload now.

God Bless. Dart.