William BLount

blountfan

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest NineInchNails

Wow...are you saying that Maryville has NO talent and that GQ is the ONLY reason that they've had success? Let's see you Maryvillians talk your way out of this one...

If there is a coach in East TN that is an equal match to Quarles, it is Scott Meadows. He has had success wherever he has been, and he runs good offseason programs. WB would be stupid not to hire him for fear that he will leave. In coaching and hiring coaches, stability is not a word that should even be used. Granted, coaching staffs that are stable are often very successful, but maybe that is the reason they are stable. Meadows will take WB places they could only ask Maryville about before.

Meadows has put in for the WB job. He has not stayed in one place long enough in my opinon to have the WB job. He sees the talent at WB and thinks he can come in and make himself look good for a couple of years then move on to something else. Go with Nick White for the long haul , dont get someone who will use this job as a stepping stone. Meadows is a good coach and a good man , but WB needs someone who is willing to work thur the good times and the bad times. This is just my opinon.

Give me a break! Meadows is a good coach and deserves credit. You really think good HS coaches will apply because "WB is loaded with Talent". You named some good football players in my view as well but none of what WB now has is great talent nor have they been a winning at any lofted level. I do think a stable coach who is not micro-managed can win at WB and Heritage because of the kids in Blount county, but WB's current talent pool is no diamond in the rough in my opinion. There has to be a reason why the school can't hang on to a coach.

FBE,

I'll have to differ with you a little on your talent assessment at Wm. Blount. I feel like they have some of the best upcoming talent that they've had in many, many years.

Names like Walker, Osborne, Wall, Borden, Goodin, Dial, Elkins, Nick, Elliot, Hatcher ... these a just a few of a bunch of kids that I think are going to be part of something big over the next few years.

They still have a lot to prove, but I definitely, without question, put them in the "diamond in the rough" catagory.

I don't believe the new coach, whoever it winds up being, will have to worry about being "micro-managed." People who feel like that is the case at WB are misinformed.

We'll see ...

Ok Here goes GOVMan my friend. My comment was, and is just a short question. What and why do you think "WB is loaded with Talent"? Some good athletes yes, but not great athletes. Pretty good by WB standards, which is play-offs for one or maybe two games at the 3rd or 4th seed in an average region. Oak Ridge rules that region and they have yet to put it together to be a serious contender. WB needs a coach and just about a complete staff change. Most of the kids you have named only have two years left and have come up through what is a program that rotates coaches like no other in the area. I went to see the last regular season game vs. a 3-6 Bradley Central team. The turn out was dismal at best. WB needs a coach and the community and school administration needs to get out of the way and let the guy coach and build the program.

Don't get me wrong, I really want the county 5A teams to turn things around, but unless you can get the tuna from Dallas or Maryville’s GQ in there these kids will be one game or two above .500 for the next two or three seasons. Meadows or White could win the region in maybe two or three seasons but I hope WB and HHS leave the area for a new coach and bring in some young fresh blood. Good luck.

Don't get me wrong, I really want the county 5A teams to turn things around, but unless you can get the tuna from Dallas or Maryville’s GQ in there these kids will be one game or two above .500 for the next two or three seasons. Meadows or White could win the region in maybe two or three seasons but I hope WB and HHS leave the area for a new coach and bring in some young fresh blood. Good luck.

the only thing the kids at these schools need is to be taught how to win and then buy into it. there is talent at these schools. more than what you can see in the stands or in the paper. whoever the new coaches at these schools are going to have to have is the ability to get the best athletes in the school to play and instill the will to win.

A good point RebRon, but knowing how to win comes from winning. These kids have not done that yet. Also agree the students from these schools must believe in the program and the man running it.

I think WB and HHS can win, but if new blood does not arrive I think the 6-4 and 5-5 seasons will continue. Good luck to both schools.