Best of 5A in 2004

center68

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree, Riverdale should be the team to beat next year. I dought it will be a cake walk though. Football takes some funny turns during the season. A couple injuries, a turnover or two, can change a teams entire season. Just look at this year. Not many people thought Lincoln Co. could be beat. Most thought it would be Lincoln Co. & Dobyns Bennett in the final. They both made their exit in the Quarter Finals.

If I was a bettin' man, I'd go with Riverdale anyway.

WaCo :D JaCo

Very true Waco.

Riverdale had two starters and one other major contributor from last years BC bowl team that were supposed to return that didn't. Two transferred to another school and one gave up football for baseball.

Riverdale should have 17 starters returning and should be pretty darn good but let's wait until at least spring practice to see who really shows up.

A lot can happen between December and August.

I agree, Riverdale should be the team to beat next year. I dought it will be a cake walk though. Football takes some funny turns during the season. A couple injuries, a turnover or two, can change a teams entire season. Just look at this year. Not many people thought Lincoln Co. could be beat. Most thought it would be Lincoln Co. & Dobyns Bennett in the final. They both made their exit in the Quarter Finals.

If I was a bettin' man, I'd go with Riverdale anyway.

WaCo B) JaCo

100% agree Waco!!

That funny oblong ball sometimes has a pecular spin on it. As I recall didn't Riverdale get some mad props acouple of years ago before bowing out to Dickson Co in the first round? Thats why they play the game.