TSSAA - unspeakable

Guest 4th&goal

Guest 4th&goal

It is inevitable that the public school community must remove itself from the TSSAA. Regardless of the creative math by the TSSAA and the private sector, actually one in the same, the majority of members wanted a split.

The worst part, the TSSAA is cheating my kids. I know, better coaching in the private sector is the reason they win. They work harder. How many championships have David Martin and Scott Smith won at private schools? (At least 3) What about their public school tenures (0). What was their record? You don't want to know. I went to a public school and I'm smart enough to figure that out.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I went to a Private school. Thus, posts like that make me laugh. I know what its like at one. You guys think it is a big underhanded operation and we had a big induction ceremony every time we recruited a new player. Give me a break. Private schools focus on academics not athletics.

Let me say it again, posts like this make me laugh. :P;):P

Edited by unbiasedspectator

It's funny how things change.... The TSSAA was the greatest thing, and they were evil and vile towards privates. Every public school loved TSSAA, and the privates were even talking about forming a new private association to get away from the iron grips of the TSSAA. And now: the VOTE. A vote doesn't go the public schools way, and suddenly the whole public state is crying fowl and accusing the TSSAA of being a bunch of superior private supporters who are bigoted towards the publics. Interesting turn of events......

It is inevitable that the public school community must remove itself from the TSSAA. Regardless of the creative math by the TSSAA and the private sector, actually one in the same, the majority of members wanted a split.

The worst part, the TSSAA is cheating my kids. I know, better coaching in the private sector is the reason they win. They work harder. How many championships have David Martin and Scott Smith won at private schools? (At least 3) What about their public school tenures (0). What was their record? You don't want to know. I went to a public school and I'm smart enough to figure that out.

Specifically, how is the TSSAA cheating your kids? Is a state championship, no matter how watered down, the goal of athletic participation? If so, then someone else is cheating your kids...not the TSSAA.

What I find remarkable about much of the rhetoric is that in essence, many split supporters are communicating to their kids that they are not as good as the private schools, and they really have no realistic chance of winning against them. What kind of message is that? :P

The worst part, the TSSAA is cheating my kids.

The TSSAA is not cheating your kids. Winning is not the only benefit gained from participation in high school athletics. As you undoubtedly know, your kids will learn many invaluable lessons during their time on the team, regardless of the success they acheive. They are in no way robbed just because they face tough competition, because competition is only a small part of the athletic experience. Winning isn't everything.

Specifically, how is the TSSAA cheating your kids? Is a state championship, no matter how watered down, the goal of athletic participation? If so, then someone else is cheating your kids...not the TSSAA.

What I find remarkable about much of the rhetoric is that in essence, many split supporters are communicating to their kids that they are not as good as the private schools, and they really have no realistic chance of winning against them. What kind of message is that? :P

Oops! Itzme, we think alike, but your thinking process is about two minutes quicker!

I guess people choose to send their kids to private schools for many different reasons. I never attended one. I do know many people that have attended or sent their kids to private schools as opposed to public. The common reason I hear or that is related to me is that people think these private institutions are better or the public schools just are not good enough. That being the case and the simple fact that once you've made the choice to go private, why would you want to continue to be involved with public schools. No one has given any reason why private schools feel they must be allowed to continue to compete with public schools. What is the problem with privates playing each other. You guys made the choice to be private. Those that remain in public schools have made their choice as well. Public schools have no problem playing each other in whatever sport. Someone please tell me the problem the privates have with each other and why they insist on being a part or being involved with something that they have made a decision to separate from when the cut that first tuition check or accepted that first financial aid installment. Wasn't the whole reason you left public school education to begin with was to get away from all the wrongs of the public school system and enter into private school "utopia." You private school guys need to figure out what you want but I say get in or get out. Split the privates and the publics. Don't let those inferior public school tarnish those shiny privates another day.

Edited by mphstigerfan

Maybe they didn't like traveling to Memphis and playing ECS.

What message are you talking about? About 5 years ago Goodpasture had this 6'8 guy named Lucas Brohmine who was awesome, they also had another big man. They won the state championship that year (or got to the finals and lost).

A few years later they had a guy by the name of Shaka Hill (he was also an underclassmen when they were in D2) Mr. Hill now plays LB for the University of Memphis, I highly doubt they left just for the athletics...

Perhaps you should look these things up, before assuming that they left because of losing.

I went to a Private school. Thus, posts like that make me laugh. I know what its like at one. You guys think it is a big underhanded operation and we had a big induction ceremony every time we recruited a new player. Give me a break. Private schools focus on academics not athletics.

Let me say it again, posts like this make me laugh. :P:P;)

It sure doesn't hurt if they can play a little football between chemistry and physics though does it? :D