College Heights

sportsfan101

I have seen some of the scores of the College Heights team, and it looks like they have had a rough time against pretty much everybody in this area, but seemed to do ok in their tournament. I guess that both DCA and BGA beat them. How did their game with Goodpasture go? In an artcle that I read from the Gallatin newspaper, HoopsUSA had them in the top 25 of "prep" schools, defined as schools with fifth year players. I thought that they were trying to get into the TSSAA.

For the last time it was NOT THE OAK HILL ACADEMY TEAM that is ranked #1. Oak Hill also has just a regular school team which came to play in the tournament. Anyone who saw them will attest that no one on that team could play for Coach Smith. Most schools would call it an intramural team, but that wouldn't sell any tickets to the tournament. Also, College Heights only has one team.

Edited by bigchief

CHeights lost to DCA by 3 in OT but played without starting center Ernest Jordan who was their leading scorer last season at 15ppg (ankle sprain).

They beat Oak Hill Red which has 2 NCAA Div. 1 players (PG signed with Liberty, Center signed w/ James Madison). Oak Hill Red is much better than an intramural squad. Anyone who says otherwise did not see them play and most intrmural squads are lacking 2 D1 talents.

BGA was their 5th game in six days after their tournament and they shot a dismal 28% from the floor. They played on a monday after the tourney which was 3 straight games in 3 days. CHeights beat BGA 3 times in their summer league by an average of 20 points each time.

CHeights lost to Goodpasture without the play of their best scorer (Lazarus Clark) who scored 31 against DCA. Clark was benched for academic reasons and averages 19ppg. CHCA had it down to a 4 point deficit with 28 seconds remaining.

CHeights is not a prep school and only has one team. Hoops USA did rank them with the prep schools but was unaware that they do not allow 5th year players at their school.

CHeights will seek to apply to TSSAA for next season in D2.

They play DCA, CPA, BGA, MBA, PJP2, Temple, Mt Juliet Chr, Ezell and Goodpasture this season for a total of 14 TSSAA contests.

CHeights is a decent squad that is very competitive. They have a talented yet undersized starting 5 with a below average bench. They should be competitive in TSSAA next year.

Hope this is helpful.

FCPress

CHeights lost to DCA by 3 in OT but played without starting center Ernest Jordan who was their leading scorer last season at 15ppg (ankle sprain).

They beat Oak Hill Red which has 2 NCAA Div. 1 players (PG signed with Liberty, Center signed w/ James Madison). Oak Hill Red is much better than an intramural squad. Anyone who says otherwise did not see them play and most intrmural squads are lacking 2 D1 talents.

BGA was their 5th game in six days after their tournament and they shot a dismal 28% from the floor. They played on a monday after the tourney which was 3 straight games in 3 days. CHeights beat BGA 3 times in their summer league by an average of 20 points each time.

CHeights lost to Goodpasture without the play of their best scorer (Lazarus Clark) who scored 31 against DCA. Clark was benched for academic reasons and averages 19ppg. CHCA had it down to a 4 point deficit with 28 seconds remaining.

CHeights is not a prep school and only has one team. Hoops USA did rank them with the prep schools but was unaware that they do not allow 5th year players at their school.

They play DCA, CPA, BGA, MBA, PJP2, Temple, Mt Juliet Chr, Ezell and Goodpasture this season for a total of 14 TSSAA contests.

CHeights is a decent squad that is very competitive. They have a talented yet undersized starting 5 with a below average bench. They should be competitive in TSSAA next year.

Hope this is helpful.

FCPress

Thank you very much for the information,.

Thanks FCpress for the information. I had spoken to one of the coaches that has an AAU team, the Music City Warriors, at a tournament this year and he was very positive about the talent at College Heights. I read that they have one player that has commited to MTSU, so he must be a very good talent. How did CH do against the Goodpasture "Twin Towers" and what was the final score?

One request to College Heights and any other team that loses at home...please be gracious and call your scores in to the paper. In all fairness to the boys who practice every day and work so hard, and especially to those who rarely score, give them their credit for all of Nashville to see and appreciate. You can teach life lessons to these kids in losing graciously and doing that, no matter what the results of the game were. The game was just that - a game for the moment. The name in the paper could be the thrill of a lifetime.. Coaches, maybe you can better explain to me (not a coach) reasons, other than what I suspect, about why teams don't call in when they lose.

One request to College Heights and any other team that loses at home...please be gracious and call your scores in to the paper. In all fairness to the boys who practice every day and work so hard, and especially to those who rarely score, give them their credit for all of Nashville to see and appreciate. You can teach life lessons to these kids in losing graciously and doing that, no matter what the results of the game were. The game was just that - a game for the moment. The name in the paper could be the thrill of a lifetime.. Coaches, maybe you can better explain to me (not a coach) reasons, other than what I suspect, about why teams don't call in when they lose.

Well said mom. Your suspicions are probably correct. Many coaches don't call in scores to the paper when they lose. Not to say all, but some. Some get caught up a forget, but I have talked to many that said they just don't or won't do it. All scores should be called in.

Hope this is helpful.

FCPress

I saw this Oak Hill team play twice. The center was very talented, but only about 6 4'. If he has signed w/ James Madison, he will have a rough time b/c of his size. As for the guards, I did not see any D1 talent their. They had two twins that were very quick but very marginal. I am not saying that your comments are not true, I am just saying that I personally did not see that kind of talent from that team. As for Lazarus Clark, I heard that his MTSU committment was not true. It came from his mouth he might be going to Arkansas. He is very talented and should make someone a very good collegiate player.

Good Luck