Blue Cross Bowl TV coverage

GWAVE1

I got home from work and got to see the last of the Boyd DCA game. The TV coverage was really good. I especially enjoyed the Pack interview at halftime and the Heally (spelling) update during the game. The camera work is great and they are showing multiple replays from different angles. I am also glad to see affiliates in other parts of the state and not just Nashville. Great job guys and congrats to Boyd Buchanan.

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It is not on your cable system. I think Memphis is the closest one that is carrying the games in our area. It is a shame. In Miss. the Ed-tv station has them all on. All over the state. You would think the TSSAA would have enough juice to get it on all the state.

Edited by mpm

I watched all the games today and I have to say again what a great job they did.

They had good interviews and some different announcers just to change the pace a little.

But my favorite part had to be Ronnie Carter accepting a $30000 check from WB30. Hey Ronnie,......go ahead and sign it over to Gallatin. We'll take that as a first installment B)

Wonderful! Great coverage. Good Half-time guests. Enjoyed seeing Murphy Fair too.

Coverage gets better each year! Thanks!

....only negative comment: Give the down and distance each play....camera angle dosen't always include views of the down marker and difinitive line. Makes it hard to focus sometimes.

Production crew did a heckuva job for locals; those guys were professionals. Great camera work and the many angles made for a varying and interesting perspectives -- as good as Jeff. Pilot Sports and alot better than the GOW broadcasts. Instant replays were spooled quickly and well done. I agree, add the down and yards to go on the screen. Thanks for televinsing the games TSSAA, don't keep all the money because you always have so little to show for it.

Game Announcers: Liked seeing some new blood, so having Wychek on there Friday night was a classy touch. Frank is a genuinely great guy and analyzed things very well, as did Willie daunic. Hands down they were the best and wish they'd have covered Sat's games.

Skip Baldwin handled pregame and halftime well. I'd like to see his hand at play-by-play.

Pat Sperduto: I like your enthusiasm, funny quips and your game knowledge comes in handy even when you're wrong on the play predictions half the time. But it can't be easy having an annoying sidekick like...Plaster: well, I guess this town is officially stuck with Plaster. George: did you ever play a competitive sport in your lightweight life or have you always been a jock sniffing windbag? lol.

I guess it's better to tolerate Plaster (pretty harmless and means well, though he's such a minor league geek) than to have to hear more of Fulton's dumb cliches like "And he's off to the races..." Blah. Blah. Yo, Texas is missing another idiot. Come claim them, please.

Okay. That's my rant for the weekend.

Hillsboro High School--2003 AAAA Football State Champs.

:D