Hillsboro 2003 AAAA Champs!

kp94881

First, hats off to MoWest on a gritty effort. MWHS is the second best AAAA team in the state; why? They made it to the title game. They're better than Melrose and better than that other team to the east that needs not be named. They don't deserve space in this thread.

HHS Offense--we better than doubled time of possession and tripled MoWest's total offense. The kid who "can't pass" did just that and MoWest paid dearly for it on a key 4th and 7 conversion and a TD later in the 1st half. I told you all Brad Doss had a senior's poise. No Fridge Bryant--so, put in Mr. Boyd to take up the slack. Inadvertant whistle nullified an early Burro 1st down; no problem. Where was MoWest's much vaunted defense? They just were no match for our speed, size and experience.

HHS Defense--What can I say other than: STIFLING! The team many thought (or prayed) would tire in the 4th period never gave in--never. Two big INTS in the red zone. Man, how many sacks on Minnich? Fisher, Jr., got the bad end of a retaliation / ejection penalty (my Def. MVP), joined by a host of swarming Burros that made things miserable for MWHS all game.

HHS Coaching: No tricks, just hard nosed football all the way by the HHS staff. Congrats to Coach Aydelott and assistants on an impeccably called game plan. Congrats, too for all the HHS 2001 and 2002 runner-ups: you guys paved the way for this game and deserve to share in the celebration.

WOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! REDEMPTION WEEKEND FOR ALL!!

WAY TO GO BURROS!!! THE GOLD FOOTBALL IS OURS!!!

:D

Edited by kp94881

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Everyone belongs in this thread. If you want to stay private with your thoughts, pay the man the 12 bucks. West did the best they could and fought hard, AND earned the right to be there, no question.

But, Most of us knew MoreWest did not have the D to stop or the O to score on this years Borros. If that big D1 back Bryant had played there is no telling how many TD's Hillsboro would have hung on those Trojans. The MW D was thought and Rated to be great, but in fact did not dominate the 4 good teams that they played this year, but lost to every one and just sliped passed...a...you-know-who.

Good luck to both teams next year and I enjoyed the game on TV, good effort.

Nobody cares bout Maryville...Yall went home in the fourth round...So just shut up...Yall lost deal with it....Ur lil "Streak" ended so just shut up...Nobody gived a D*mn what yall gotta say bout anything....Water fisher Is not mr football...Hilsbro is a better team beacause of the lil Wing t...Its hard to stop...But Pee Wee is the best defeense a player in the state... B)

Hillsboro sorry to tell you this. you will never get the recognition you deserve.... Not from Mo-West fans at least.

I congratulate you on a win... 3rd time is the charm. Althought the whole state would have liked to have seen Maryville vs. Hillsboro part 3

A lot of people i know wanted to see maryville go down, so maybe that is only the case for maryville kids.

better luck next year rebels

If pee wee is the best d player in the state why didnt he get defense mvp of the bue cross bowl. Dont say it was because Mo West lost the game because 3 yrs ago Walter Fisher jr was the d mvp even though the lost the the Maryville rebs.

manchild, shut up

pee wee is a great football player, so is fisher and tibbs (since he won tonight), it's all about the voting and pee wee didn't win it, the real test is the next level, so we'll all see then

can accept what happened, maybe talk about it some, enjoy the conversations, or you can whine and cry and change... NOTHING, you do nothing but make yourself and all the fans/players/coaches... anybody, look bad and we don't appreciate it

congrads hillsboro, DOMINATING, offense got the job done, defense shut us down

west, great job guys, work hard and you can get there again, great season