2a: 6213

3a: 3691

4a: 3367

5a: 5141

Div II

1a: not given

2a: not given

3a: 14500

Very surprising to see 2a have the largest attendance in Div I and 4a have the second lowest. Maybe people who stayed for later games after buying tickets for early games weren't taken into account. Television might have hurt the numbers also, but they seem kind of low this year.

Edited by Redtwin

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to say, that the turnout for the games were very disapointing. Especially the 5A game. Maybe it was the weather, or the tv coverage, I don't know. But, we go every year, and from that standpoint, I hope none of them are televised, the tv timeouts are horrible, if there is any momentum gained before the tv timeout, it is totally lost after the long delay. I think that this single thing (tv coverage) is what hurts the attendance. We had a much larger crowd at the quarterfinal matchup of Lincoln County and Riverdale, than was at any of the five championship games.

A lot of people will just not go to the games and sit out in the cold if it's on tv.

And the tv timeouts makes the game much longer than it should be.

if tv coverage is taking away from the turnout, they should do what the did for the DIIAAA game and do an internet braodcast. I ordered it for the game, and there weren't any tv timeouts or anything, and I still got to see the game in pretty good quality. $15 was kind of steep, but I split it with my two roommates, so it was really about the same as a ticket to the game would have been.

How was that internet TV coverage? I hope you didn't watch halftime through the glass... not that I was on it or anything. <_<

I would imagine there probaly some there like me yesterday who came for the 3A game and then were not counted again because I never left. But not so many that the attendence would be off much.

The internet coverage wasn't bad. It froze up everyonce and while but as long as you refreshed it, things went well

I was over on bluegrasspreps.com and saw that the attendance for the 3A Kentucky title game had 10,500 and the 4A game had 26,500. Used to be like that in Tennessee.

Here are the State Championship attendances courtesy of tssaa.org:

Div I

1a: 3117

2a: 6213

3a: 3691

4a: 3367

5a: 5141

Div II

1a: not given

2a: not given

3a: 14500

Very surprising to see 2a have the largest attendance in Div I and 4a have the second lowest. Maybe people who stayed for later games after buying tickets for early games weren't taken into account. Television might have hurt the numbers also, but they seem kind of low this year.

I play for the Red Devils of Germantown and I can tell you that this # is the total number of fans we had last night. This figure is incorrect. I don't care what the TSSAA says they are all screwed up in the head anyways. I could tell you that there was at least 8,500 to no more than 10,000. But yeah that figure is of Germantown's crazy devoted fans!!!!!!!1= Go Germantown! Here we go---we're already thinking about a repeat as we're going to work harder than this 2003 season. LOL