did the 2a title change any minds?

blueandgoldfan

Honestly though baldcoach during those times there wasn't much emphasis put on football during that time was there?? Boyd was a basketball school and had some real good years in the late eighties, I know they were at the state b-ball tournament in that timeframe.

Made it to the finals in 88 or 89 I think, got beat. There was a basketball state title in 96 but the Football team was starting to improve by then. It was the school's first state title in any men's sport. This year with Football was the second.

Truth is the emphasis is not on any sport..it's on spirituality and scholarship. As for emphasis, we really encourage students to play everything they can. I know I told every player this year that they needed to play other sports and have a good time.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...as for the comment that private school teachers earning more than public school teachers....well, that's not entirely true. The private school i work at pays less than the public school system. this also doesn't even hold a candle to what the georgia school systems pay; and that's just a few miles south. i made a choice to work where i do and its really a sacrifice.

i know that there are several private schools that do pay teachers more than the public school systems, but there is an exception to this. i choose to work here because of the principles we teach and the example we set, not (obviously) for the money. i bet i'm not the only private school worker out there who falls in this same category.

I do not care how much money you make, were your kids go to school at. But, when schools like JCS and USJ get more than 20% of their athletes out of county, it presents a problem to the rural public schools. Not saying there's anything wrong with going to a private school, but we do not have the power to attract athletes like a private school. :P

I do not care how much money you make, were your kids go to school at. But, when schools like JCS and USJ get more than 20% of their athletes out of county, it presents a problem to the rural public schools. Not saying there's anything wrong with going to a private school, but we do not have the power to attract athletes like a private school. :D

So are you saying that Jackson Christian poses a great problem? Get real!! :D

Where did you learn they get 20% out of county?

How far out of county? Are these schools directly on the outskirts of the county...or are they strategically placed in the middle of the zone.

For the most part, JCS has struggled in football...they did win it this year, but to compare them in football to USJ is probably not a fair comparison year in and year out.

I got the figures from the Jackson Sun. Actully JCS is 25% and USJ 19.8%. Both schools are just north of I-40 exit 80 which is nowhere close to a county line. If you will check i think JCS has finished second to USJ the last couple of years except this year which they won. And only TCA who finished fourth in the district only have 7% of their student-athletes out of the county.

I got the figures from the Jackson Sun. Actully JCS is 25% and USJ 19.8%. Both schools are just north of I-40 exit 80 which is nowhere close to a county line. If you will check i think JCS has finished second to USJ the last couple of years except this year which they won. And only TCA who finished fourth in the district only have 7% of their student-athletes out of the county.

At least try and get your facts straight :D

Student athletes

School Number of athletes Athletes living outside county

JCS 120 25 (20.8 percent)

USJ

198 19 (9.6 percent)

TCA 80 6 (7.5 percent)

And as far as USJ and JCS not being near a county line...The Gibson County line is less than 10 minutes away and the Crockett County line is less than 15. Very easy access to both schools.

At least try and get your facts straight :justwrestle:

Student athletes

JCS 120 25 (20.8 percent)

USJ

198 19 (9.6 percent)

TCA 80 6 (7.5 percent)

And as far as USJ and JCS not being near a county line...The Gibson County line is less than 10 minutes away and the Crockett County line is less than 15. Very easy access to both schools.

How far is it from the Carroll County line? The kid from Huntingdon pitched and won the championship game at the JR olympic tournament in Italy this past summer...He's probably not a difference maker for USJ though. :justwrestle:

At least try and get your facts straight :angry:

Student athletes

JCS 120  25 (20.8 percent)

USJ

198  19 (9.6 percent)

TCA  80 6 (7.5 percent)

How far is it from the Carroll County line? The kid from Huntingdon pitched and won the championship game at the JR olympic tournament in Italy this past summer...He's probably not a difference maker for USJ though. :angry:

For a prospective, I`m guessing I could be in Carroll County in less time than it takes for my daughter to ride a bus home from her Madison County middle school.

Who is from Huntingdon btw...I`m familiar with most of the baseball players in Jackson because I coached youth baseball for years here.

Remember this though. Just because a kid lives in a particular zone, does not mean they are property of that school. This kid could go to a Memphis City school if he wanted too.