Williamson County - All County

SACDAWGS

Bigdogdaddy,

Thank you for the list.

Page had one person left off the list that should have been considered for All county, at worst as an honorable mention, that was Edwin Andrews. That guy has some tremendous moves and can play. He was not the biggest player on the field, but he can surely play.

Other than that, I think the list of players were all deserving of the honors. What a great year for Williamson County.

:o

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

For folks left off DD list, or those mentioned as Honorable mention, or for that matter those put on second team, Remeber this one small fact - this is DD and DS opinion. This list has zero input from coaches, other media ect...

I place much more stock in the judgement of the Coaches who select the Region teams. For example, How can Mac Cross only be honorable mention in the county with other lineman from 6-5A ahead of him, when the 6-5A coaches voted him the Lineman of the Year? There are other examples of Review Appeal first teamers ahead of others, who in the opinion of the Coaches (who have a greater understanding of the ttalent in front of them) were not on their respective Region Teams.

Until the Review Appeal formulates a Coaches Panel within the county, their list is nothing more than item for debate.

For the players listed in the RA county team, congratulations and good luck in your future endeavors, inside the lines and out.

I think they did a great job with this list. Were there players that I felt could have been higher? Sure. But then again, I would have just listed Franklin players alone as my all-county team. :justwrestle: I do think though that this proves Franklin had the best team in the county, as I said before.

The coach's aren't always as smart as one might think. They had Henry County finishing fourth in Region 6-5A before the season began. Just playing devil's advocate for a bit.

I think they did a great job with this list. Were there players that I felt could have been higher? Sure. But then again, I would have just listed Franklin players alone as my all-county team. :justwrestle: I do think though that this proves Franklin had the best team in the county, as I said before.

The coach's aren't always as smart as one might think. They had Henry County finishing fourth in Region 6-5A before the season began. Just playing devil's advocate for a bit.

Well at least your reputation for objectivity remains intact!

Rebel27

A preseason poll in high school foorball will surely have many flaws and misguided guesses, based on not knowing who will perform, who will not or who may get injured.

To equate that to being able to evaluate and award performance on what has been seen and done is in no means an argument for justifying poor judgement or poorly investigated rankings.

I have a question, is this the first year CPA players have been on the all-county team, because last year at the photo shoot for the all county team I can't remember seeing any CPA players. I know their field is in Williamson Co. but there school is still in Davidson Co. Not trying to take anything from CPA players because they had a great team, but I think the All-County Team should comprise of high schools that are located in Williamson County. This just my personal opinion.

I have a question, is this the first year CPA players have been on the all-county team, because last year at the photo shoot for the all county team I can't remember seeing any CPA players. I know their field is in Williamson Co. but there school is still in Davidson Co. Not trying to take anything from CPA players because they had a great team, but I think the All-County Team should comprise of high schools that are located in Williamson County. This just my personal opinion.

The Review Appeal covers CPA as if it is a county school. The school itself is just outside of the county, but the stadium is in the county. So what do you do? A lot of the kids live in Williamson County so I say it's fine.

In my opinion, there was one Franklin player noticeably missing from both the All-Region team and the All-County team. He was a stalwart on defense for Franklin at defensive end throughout the year. In addition, he was the starting fullback when Franklin was in their run package. I am not taking anything away from the other Franklin players who made those teams as they were all very deserving. However, I feel it was unfortunate that Justin Alexander was excluded from those teams as he was also very deserving. You had a great season Justin!!! Franklin would not have been as successful without you!! Great job!!!

Unlike several players on both of those lists, Justin Alexander will be playing football on Saturdays! First because he's good enough and second because he loves the game more than everyone on both of those lists put together.

I still get out the freshman highlight tape to watch Justin lead block...a human wrecking ball in action!

No one needs to put Justin on a list to tell you he's a great football player!

I look forward to driving with his Mom and Dad wherever to watch him play!