Region 8 Wrestling

CoachBray

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bobmarley,

Only if you consider a win over a JV wrestler that was moved up a weight class monumental . Perhaps he was upset that Fryman wasn't at his weight that night. Borneman was out sick that night and Coach Holmes had to alter the lineup to have our strongest possible team out there. It definately seemed out of character for him, but that does not excuse the indiscretion.

Edited by CoachDelgado

Doesn't seem like a smart message to send. I know Rogers, Fryman, Williams, and Burkett would not be intimidated or impressed by such a juvenile gesture. In fact, it would probably only give them more drive. Wrestling is a gentleman's sport. Go out there, and do what you are supposed to do to the best of your ability. Maybe you get excited after a win. Always be respectful to your opponent. Perhaps I'm being a little presumptuous or optimistic, but taunting and boasting have no place in this sport. Ok, I'm off my soapbox.

B.O.T.W.---you're exactly right. Wrestling is a gentleman's sport. Also, I don't know if any of those four wrestlers you named that are also at 135 would be intimidated at all. In fact, I'm positive three of them wouldn't care. Maybe something after a win is alright, but not what he did. What he did would never be considered appropriate. I think he was upset he wasn't wrestling Fryman, but he'll get his shot later in the season. I wonder if Fryman will react!?

coach b., i agree with you to drop it, but...... we won't know if a lesson was learned until later. it surely wasn't learned that night because there was no reprimand from his coach and the ref missed it along with the blown kiss to the stands, i assume to a girl, as he walked off the mat. any other coach in the region would have ripped him a new one for that type of behavior on the mat or after the match. see my earlier string, i just have to wonder, new coach, new attitude????? now i'll drop it.

Edited by usfjim