Scooter Houston

fhsd

Scooter Houston is not wrestling this year. Though if you were at the State Tournament last year and saw what happened in the semi-finals between Scooter Houston and Micheal Creagan. It was a great match though it was real sketchy at the end because the officials called a slam on Scooter. Though best of luck to Scooter in the future.

I hardly think that you can justify what happened at the state tournament last year by saying he's "passionate". His actions were completely unacceptable to the point of being borderline criminal. If we truly want these young men to learn about life then we must insist that they learn to behave with dignity and respect. If we allow children to throw fits, destroy property, endanger others, and (along with their families) start fights; we should be ashamed. I have nothing against Scooter, he is a child and children make mistakes, but he should be held accountable for his actions. The TSSAA and his coaches should decide if he can wrestle but lets not sugar coat his actions. He's a kid and kids make mistakes so give him another chance but don't act like it never happened or that it was an acceptable response to loosing a wrestling match.

Pokey,

Great post. Let's not forget that his behavior sent a message to younger wrestlers who were bystanders to his explosion last year. If such an outburst goes unpunished, or worse yet, is not addressed by the coaches of younger wrestlers, our sport will continue to see such shameful behavior in the future. Every coach who witnessed his tirade should have had a heart-to-heart with their team after that. There were many more good examples of character demonstrated at the tournament.

I know Scooter is a kid. Kids make mistakes. Let's try to ensure that those aren't repeated.

Let sleeping dogs lie. Last year is done. Scooter Houston is an excellent athlete and a great kid. I do not know if he is going to wrestle or not, but I hope he does. I would be willing to bet that he is taking this time to decide on his future in college football. He may not want to lose any weight this winter because of college football. Instead of everyone coming on here judging an athlete for his actions after a second straight championship being taken away from him, you should be getting to know him.

Well I can speak from personal experience of Scooter's short-temper in a wrestling match. I agree with everything HenryHanson said. Bottom line is LOOSING stinks, but it's part of wrestling. If a person looses a match there is only one person to blame, also this probably would not be such a big issue if it were only the first time Scooter had "slammed" someone in a match. He is a repeat offender and after his actions of the state tournament 2 years ago against Matt Bird, why would any referee have a reason to belive he wouldn't do it again? Just my opinion on the issue.

Great Kid - That's a load pf baloney.

I've got news for you pal. Great kids don't do what this kid did. Do you and all these bleedin' hearts think that he was the first kid to ever lose a match in the State Tournament because of a disputed call.

And do you know what you call it when it happens two years in a row? It's called BAD DANG LUCK. You do not call it an excuse for throwing a fit like a two year old.

STORY---Following the fit throwing incident and the parade he made around McKenzie, I told my buddy that they should throw him in jail. My buddy said, "If that were my son, I would be the one they would be arresting." My response was...."and that's exactly why it wasn't your son."

More on the "great kid". Didn't we hear that he was involved in at least one and possibly two fights during football season?

FINAL WORDS....This entire soap opera speaks volumes about the decline of the Jeff Co wrestling program since Price went to Science Hill. How many of the top coaches in the state would allow this kid to do what he did and then come back out for the team in midseason? NOT ONE.

FINAL FINAL WORDS.....What kind of football future does a 5'8"- 160 lb kid have anyway?

:)

I will agree on the down fall of Jeff. Co. wrestling with Coach Price's departure. Turley is an idiot and does not even coach the team. However, when you can run as fast as Scooter can, size is not the issue with college coaches. His speed is SEC level and his aggressiveness does not hurt. He will be playing in college and possibly beyond. You obviously need to stick to wrestling if you are asking such questions.