State Champs with no All-Staters..Huntingdon..

Tombstone52

Huntingdon just won its very first state championship. it will go down in history...the first team to win with a bunch of rag-tags. sure we had a running back to break the record for most yards in a championship game and tied the record for most touchdowns in a game but he must not be worth a crap or the lineman that opened up holes all season for him to run through or drive an 18-wheeler through. For some reason Lipscombs ALLSTATE linebacker and safety(madison taylor and cutler robinson) seem to have had an off game since they couldnt stop ANYTHING! all i want to know is how does a 2500 yrd rusher not make all state? or anyone that blocked for him or anyone that was a part of the defense who shut LIPSCOMB THE GREAT down and made a record-breaking 6 interceptions in a championship game. another question...ROD SMITH...remember taht name? Mr.Football award winning ROD SMITH. dont remember seeing his name on there either..maybe thats bc not a singer person from west tennessee made the all state list in 2A.

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

i hope so. i was on the team this year and thought we would have numerous players listed and i see we have none and it really lit a fire. I figure the coach wasnt there but i wouldnt expect him to be there or care if anyone is there in his place....for the past 5 to 6 weeks we have had more to worry about than all state..the voting takes place at the wrong time..last game of the season we play arch-rival mckenzie for the region championship..whose worried about all-state? then for the next 5 weeks we are in the PLAYOFFS..needless to say in that 6 week period no one cares about all state on the coaching staff..maybe a little time other than the day after the championship game is played or in your case the day of the championship game they could give those coaches a little respect and time to get individual stats together to go for the little stupid meeting. the last thing you worry about in regular season as a coach is personal statistics of your players.

This All State Team has no merit whatsoever. It has already been said that only coaches present voted and not all players were considered. That's like getting the Heisman voting (which I think is also a joke) from only the area West of the Mississippi. I congratulate the kids who made this list but I certainly don't feel bad for the many kids who deserved it and didn't make it. They will be rewarded with awards far more meaningful than this bogus crap.

msmoker, I could say your only complaining because your a fan of a team who didn't have a player named. But I won't. The truth is, the people complaining don't even know how the players are picked. The way I see it if your coach didn't care enough to either attend the meeting, Send a repersentive, or Fax in a nomination to be voted on, then you should call him up and complain to him. I don't think its right for you or anyone else to say the players chosen are "Unjustifiable". I'd bet the farm that if you got your group together and picked your own team you'd have just as many people complaining about your picks also.

i thought terrence did ok this year i dunno if he's deservin of all state tho...ppl calm down it's not like he rushed for 2400 yards an 36 td's, or even took the first team in one of the biggest football towns in the state which is the smallest 2a football program that doesn't recruit to there first state title, or even if he did have an ok game in the state championship game just calm down ppl, terrence didn't get mr. football or even nominated obviously this cat's just not good enough. I played with terrence he did ok this year but yall act like u've never seen a player have these good of stats and win a state championship and b the record holder in a state championship game and not get all state while 2 players from the team u murdered did get it i just want to say to lipscombs players i thought u did a good job this year with the exception of getting dominated by terrence and the mustangs in the the game where the 2 best teams play in the state and being compared to adamsville afterwards but what do i kno ne way i'm jus going on a about little ole terrence bell not making "all-state" the cat is jus not that good he gets my vote for biggest loser of the year he won a state championship ring and has nothing to show for it what a loser ne who i must go put my head through the wall u all have a nice day