Perry Co. BB

kareem

Yes it is true Slatten won a state, but having a kid 6'11' doesn't hurt. But if you look back and find your facts you'll see that Slatten was fired from Perry County, like he will be here at White County.

Slatten has no skills what so ever dealing with young children, and also dealing with a Community. So please let us know where we need to send him back in Perry County....the town of Sprta is fed up with him!!!

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't care if the coach at White Co. was Roy Williams. White Co doesn't have the players to win games right now. Maybee in the future they will be better but right now they just don't have it. I personally think Slatten is a great coach you can tell from the years at PC with or without Haston. He won big games and a great coach wins big games.

I'm not sure what the problem is in White County with Coach Slatten, but he was a good coach. I doubt that he lost his coaching ability over night. I am from Perry County and was a manager for Coach Slatten and my husband played on the state championship team. I saw what he did with his teams. Yes, he had a lot to work with at P.C. but he had to have the knowledge to utilize that talent. He also cared about the kids that he coached. As I recall, Coach Slatten was not fired from Perry County, he chose to leave on his own. Like I said, I don't know much about the problems with his team now. Maybe if you give him a little support instead of running him into the ground it would help.

Edited by beckb3

Well, now that we have strayed off the posted path, let's move back into Linden for awhile. Coach Haskins has done a very good job @PCHS. You closely follow a state champion, plus go to a substate your first year, expectations are going to be high. Rural single A teams go through cycles of athletes and talent. Every few years you will be down, then back up. Let's hope for the sake of a good young coach that the good peple of Perry County, form Rhodes on down understand this. This realization, or lack thereof, has contributed to a coaching carousel of sorts in Linden. PCHS is notorious among coaches as a horrible place to coach due to external pressures that should not exist. Leave haskins alone, and let him coach his kids.

Spoiler, I do not want his job. I just want what is best for my son. If Coach Slatten can not seem to get his act right then it is time for him to move on! I was a supporter of Coach Slatten to start with, but in three years nothing has changed....nothing! It seems that he goes out of his way to find trouble, or cause trouble! Oh well the season will be over soon and my son will be done so I do not have to worry about him much longer. I just hate it for the boys still playing on the team next year!

Blueandgoldfan are you crazy? If perry co has dropped off since 96, i would sure hate to see what you think about some other teams...... Yes the 97 team i believe as i hope anyone would, was one of the best teams in the state. yes kirk haston played a huge role, but 37-0 i believe the other 3 ALL state players knew how to dribble and maybe even shoot ? The last two years, perry county finished in top 16 one year and then top eight the next... Please tell me what dynasty of a school you attend.. I'll sign my kid right up...