What's wrong with Shelbyville?

jl292

85, You are now up to the Fourth of July, but you are gaining. The issue is not currently on IF you can get a scholarship or not by attending any school but rather on the statement that Coach Insell recruits. As bad as I hate to agree with you, yes, a good player will most likely get a scholarship regardless of what school they attend. I would suggest, however, they would have a much better chance of being sought by a larger school if they attend a school with a successful program.

My problem remains with the last 5 words of your previous quote, "Do they recruit? Thats obvious." Do you not agree that if there were one shred of evidence to prove that fact, it would be produced and dealt with by the TSSAA? It has not been because evidently it does not exist. Regardless, I am agreeing with you on the obtaining a scholarship from any school if you are good enough but I still strongly disagree with the implication that Coach Insell recruits. Nevertheless, enough is enough on the subject. I don't think I have any chance of changing your mind and you certainly have none in changing mine so this will close the door on the subject for me. Have a great Christmas and enjoy your family. :justwrestle:

Yep. I'm not changing my mind either. Merry Christmas to you too.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you had a real prospect of a player and you lived one or two counties over, tell me you would not consider moving to get to play for the progam with that exposure and Coach Insell.

According to TSSAA rules, you cannot move to another school for athletic reasons. That would make you ineligible. Just be thankful that the academics at Shelbyville are superior to all others in the state. That way a young lady could transfer for academic reasons. Maybe Santa will deliver my school a D1 prospect, or 2 or 3 or 4 or 5 or...... We don't recruit either.

You do not have to go to Shelbyville to get a good schlorship. At todays rate and tution any schlorship will help. Yes it would be nice to receive a full one but lets face it there are only so many of those.

The scouts do not just attend Shelbyville games. Please give credit to the gas going gurues that stay in the road to see as many players as possible. And keep in mind that they may be at a school to see a certain player and as they are watching the the game they see another player that really catches their eye. So, you never know who is watching.

And as far as Dateline being a distraction, noway, it is just another camera and another reporter. No difference from the others and maybe one or more opportunities to show their talent in journalisum, but, remember they all put their pants on the same way. It is a very hard job.

To say that Coach Insell recruits and brings in talent from around the state is a waste of typing space. So many have said it and cursed him for it but yet no one has proved it. To move your child from one district to another wheather it is in the same town or across the the state is really expensive especially if you own a home. Sure you maybe could sell it, relocate and find another job, but lets face it, there still is so much more than that to make that move. My hat is off to the parents that take on such a challenge such as this. There are so many road blocks that can accur during this journey. Try walking in a pair of those shoes and see just how far you get.

As like any other team, you have good games and bad no matter how you are rated. But can you imagine the absolute wonderful rush of the team that does beat Shelbyville? So, maybe Shelbyville was not overated after all, perhaps the team that defeated them was really underated. That has been proven several times. So try not to take the win from the underated away from the overated and look a little further. Maybe, just maybe, you to may have the chance someday to experience such a rush. It may not be playing basketball, but, its out there.

Great post foreal,

You speak the truth. I would also like to add, that the lessons being taught by parents who move their children to play basketball cannot be good. Lessons such as: winning is everything, when the going gets tough, move. Not to mention the level of spoiling your child to the point where you would sacrifice everything just so they could play ball in Shelbyville. It's actually an absurd thought, when you think about it. My daughter is the most important thing in my life, but I can't see myself packing up ship and moving just so she can play for a big name program.

Edited by twhoops

My daughter is the most important thing in my life, but I can't see myself packing up ship and moving just so she can play for a big name program.

aggreed completely with ya twhoops

first of all ,how could anyone just pack up and move?I mean living in Tennessee with it being like the one of the lowest wage paying states,how could one afford the expenses?

life is expensive and I cannot see where packing up and moving with todays economy really worth MAYBE your child getting in a big college

I know that the high school coach can root for a girl all he or she wants,but the is no promise that a top program will get or want your child...nothing directed to anyone here...

Edited by 23sMom

23s mom,85, 90 and the rest of the Shelbyville haters,

You do what you want for your kids(staying in your town), and let the other parents do what they want for theirs(moving to Shelbyville). Its really none of your business, so dont be bothered by it. I dont hear the parents of the Shelbyville players coming on here questioning why your daughter plays for White County, Mt. Juliet, Wilson Central etc. Live by this rule and your life will be peaceful even while Shelbyville is winning their championships...

first of all ,how could anyone just pack up and move?I mean living in Tennessee with it being like the one of the lowest wage paying states,how could one afford the expenses?

life is expensive and I cannot see where packing up and moving with todays economy really worth MAYBE your child getting in a big college

I know that the high school coach can root for a girl all he or she wants,but the is no promise that a top program will get or want your child...nothing directed to anyone here...

23smom...I agree with your post. You were talking about low wages. I don't think parents of girls that move to Shelbyville pack up and move because they know they can get a minimum wage job at a fast food place. Well, MAYBE, just maybe, these parents already know they will have a good paying job BEFORE they ever move to Shelbyville. Just maybe. ;) :justwrestle: ;)

23s mom,85, 90 and the rest of the Shelbyville haters,

You do what you want for your kids(staying in your town), and let the other parents do what they want for theirs(moving to Shelbyville). Its really none of your business, so dont be bothered by it. I dont hear the parents of the Shelbyville players coming on here questioning why your daughter plays for White County, Mt. Juliet, Wilson Central etc. Live by this rule and your life will be peaceful even while Shelbyville is winning their championships...

I aint hatin on Shelbyville...I'm hating the Bush Bomb....dang....re read my post...said nothing directed at anyone...

first of all ,how could anyone just pack up and move?I mean living in Tennessee with it being like the one of the lowest wage paying states,how could  one afford the expenses?

I know that the high school coach can root for a girl all he or she wants,but the is no promise that a top program will get or want  your child...nothing directed to anyone here...

23smom...I agree with your post. You were talking about low wages. I don't think parents of girls that move to Shelbyville pack up and move because they know they can get a minimum wage job at a fast food place. Well, MAYBE, just maybe, these parents already know they will have a good paying job BEFORE they ever move to Shelbyville. Just maybe. ;););)

correct I was talking about the economy...