6'4'' sixth grader transfers to Jackson county

Sonja88

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm curious as to why all the attention now. If she has so much potential, why have we not heard about her before now. Any 12 year old, boy or girl, that is already that tall would spark alot of interest no matter where they play.

My 12 year old daughter is 6' and still growing and I know first hand the difficulty she has with her height. This young lady needs all the support she can get to help her become not only a succsessful basketball player but a confident adult. I hope this thread continues to be positve concerning her.

Devil, I was not trying to pick your comment about "the best team in the state" apart. I was only interested, from a personal standpoint, in your opinion.

Have a good day. :P

Edited by trueline

I'm curious as to why all the attention now. If she has so much potential, why have we not heard about her before now. Any 12 year old, boy or girl, that is already that tall would spark alot of interest no matter where they play.
My 12 year old daughter is 6' and still growing and I know first hand the difficulty she has with her height. This young lady needs all the support she can get to help her become not only a succsessful basketball player but a confident adult. I hope this thread continues to be positve concerning her.

I couldn't agree with you more as i was just saying the same thing the other day, being as tall as she is and as young as she is it must be extremely hard on her, and i have told my own children (boys) who go to school with her that they need to be friendly towards her and to help her adjust to not only this new school but a whole new world that she is in. From what i have been told all the girls here are making friends with her and welcoming her to the school and the team. Everyone knows that one person doesn't make a team and all the girls that play here are very talented and have alot of potential so she won't be a ONE person team here.

As for why she hasn't had any attention before, well she has played in a very small school in Smith Co. who is known alot more for its boys football, than girls basketball, and alot of people around here knew about her after last year when she was in the 5th grade but she has never played in a program like the one she is playing in now so she has flown a bit under the radar so to speak.

Innocent, innocent, innocent, I have only seen her once and that was in 5th grade. Have never, to my knowledge, seen her family. innocent :rolleyes:

Yeah ok 7aa, we'll let ya off the hook this time, lol. Its all in good fun. Anyways, I'm looking forward to this girl throwing some down and tearing the rim off and carrying it with her to the other end of the floor. I'm fixing to move to Knoxville tomorrow to go to school, but I'd definitely come back to see that. :rolleyes:

I know JC & Shelbyville help with summer AAU team, just surprised Shelbyville didn't get in on the hunt for this one. Jobs must be full there. Hope she has a great career and can stay exited about bb & continue to have fun. Hope the adults don't push her to make the olympic team & grow at her own level. Best of luck-

I hope the parents keep this FUN for her right now. It is very easy to not make it fun @ this early age. I speak from experience my daughter is 6'4 in the sixth grade & there are people out there who want her to do more than she's ready for. For now keep it fun. I've found when they enjoy the game the hard work & dedication come naturally. Also take her around to college games take her to Vandy, UT let her see how it is. If you can let her take tours of their locker rooms keeps them interested. Right now it should be fun no pressure!

i hear reports that Pat Summit as hired 7aa watcher as recruiting cordinator for UT...congrats on ur new job 7aa.....

Had to turn her down, can't leave :D district 7AA has better benefits. :D

Trueline and Bri, Have you ever thought about moving to Jackson County????lol

Seriously, the two of you having daughters of this size and age, know some of the problems. It is really supposed to be fun for them, and if its fun for them, it will fun for the fans.