brandon wright

jmoney4eva

i know that a lot of people might get mad at me for this, and a lot of people are SURe to dissagree with me, and the truth is that i have not seen tyler smith play since early last year, and i have yet to see a lot of the knoxville or memphis players, but after watchin brandon wright play tonight i am fully confident that he is the best player in the state of tennessee. he makes the game look incredibly easy. no1 cna contest his jump sugar because his head is up at the rim when he releases it. after playing him last year when his jumper was not as pure i would say that as long as u keep him from being around the basket then he cant kill ur team completley but now i must update that statement and change it to...THERE IS NO WAY TO STOP THE GUY, HE CAN ONLY STOP HIMSELF. i have seen jamont, i have seen tyler, and the truth is that while they are incredible players, another amazing athlete(And there are plenty of those around this year being as it is one of the most athletic years in TN basketball in a long time) can at least slow some of these players down enuff to make the game winnable. i also thing that with chris slay not on the team anymore, barry turner in sum suspension problems, and david holbert no longer playing, both glencliff(jamont), and giles(tyler) have much stronger supporting casts then wright does but the plain truth is that no player on the court can alter what brandon does, the only player that i can think of that might match up would be the 6'8 post that plays for antioch, david palmer, but even in that, brandons jump shot and ability to score with both hands sets him way apart for even palmer, a very big prospect to most every SEC school. mark gasol from memphis got outclassed by wright last year, and wright was no where near as good as he is now, and gasol was in my oppinion a more then formidable big man.i feel that if brandon goes up against a defense that will committ to making him shoot the midrange jump sugar and not beat them on the block, then if brandon(much like any other shooter) has the potential to have an off night, which would turn BA from a very good team, to an average at best team, however like i said before, the only player that can stop him is himself because when he elevates for his shot, it is just him and the rim. his passing ability, and newly harnessed ball handeling skills(he brought the ball up the court against daryll hardin, one of the quickest athletes in the state,USN pg) along with incredible size and length make him the best player in the state, at any age.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wright is a very talented player but you cant really compare him and Jamont because they play two totally different positions. I agree though, if Wright gets stronger he will be unstoppable. He has great moves in the post and can come from 10 feet away to block just about anyone, but he looks weak at times and if it wasn't for the refs giving him the benefit of the doubt on almost every foul call he wouldnt score as many points. Don't get me wrong though he has some serious skill and I look for him to go a long way.

I remember reading about Bwright on this very board, esp the day when he decided to go to BA in the 8th grade. I don't know what Middle School he went to, but I remember he chose BA over like 3 other schools so I don't think they really recruited him.

I remember when BTW guard Andre Allen decided to go to BTW over virtually every city school in Memphis and a few D2 schools...the paper even listed what schools he was looking at...I won't name them though...

Perhaps that is just how the cookie crumbles.

He's got a long way to go before he'll live up to the hype. He needs to learn that he towers above most players on most nights and then dominate the game. From what I saw, he isn't very physical and will get push around if he doesn't hit the weights. He still has plenty of time to improve and I'm sure he will, it basically depends on how hard he wants it.

yeah i'm sorry to BA and whomever may have been offended by that, my name is permanently logged into a computer in a lab at MBA so i can't do anything about it. But itzme it wasn't me, and i'm sorry to Brandon if it angered him, i know he's a great player and well deserving of his praise on this board. sorry again.

yeah i'm sorry to BA and whomever may have been offended by that, my name is permanently logged into a computer in a lab at MBA so i can't do anything about it. But itzme it wasn't me, and i'm sorry to Brandon if it angered him, i know he's a great player and well deserving of his praise on this board. sorry again.

I don't think Brandon cares, just didn't want your name associated with such a bad post...you are usually consistently positive and contributory on these boards.

Brandon will go as far as he wants...he has some fabulous ballin' skills and a spotless attitude, as well as tons of upside as he continues to gain muscle mass. It's hard to say if he's the best, especially after seeing Jamont play at Father Ryan, but he's certainly one of the best.