Hillwood Invitational Tournament

nununu

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bartlett won the overall team title

Adam Valentine @171 of Lipscomb was O.W. (won by teh fall in the finals)

@ 160 Josh Johnson Of Antioch defeated Kenny Jenkins of MLK 11-8.

@ 152 Chism ? (Bartlett) beat Plumlee of Harpeth (I believe it was a Tech fall)

That's all I remember.

Edited by kjfan

Top four teams were Bartlett #1, Ft. Campbell #2, Glencliff #3 and Antioch #4. Joe Zamora of Antioch beat a wrester from Bolton to win at 103. Joe Close of Antioch beat a wrester from Ft. Campbell to win at 112. Josh Johnson of Antioch beat Kenny Jenkins of MLK 12-8 at 160 in a battle of ranked wrestlers. Valentine of Lipscomb won at 171 and was named the best wrestler in the tournament. Shawn Elson of Glencliff won the heavyweight division.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news. This tournament had some outstanding matches, but a lot of this was taken away by the worst officiating of any tournament that I have ever attended. It seemed as if every rookie referee in the Midstate was in attendance at this tournament. There were so many missed calls, that I thought I was an operator. I hope that there is a little more criteria for people to become refs, because those at this tournament sucked!!

P.S.- Congratulations to Glencliff and Antioch for representing Metro wrestling as a team, and as individuals. Personally, I feel the best match was not the 189, but the OT match at 135 b/w McGavock and Bartlett. Also, Close's win at 112 was over Lebanon.

Edited by nununu

Joe Zomora looked real good at 103 dominating everyone.

The 112 match was close from Antioch and Watson from lebanon.

Plunk from harpeth won at 119 look out for plunk he is a beast.

125 the guy from bartlett won not sure of his name real good wrestler though.

130 would have been best match had the refs not ruined it. Guy from fort cambell beat the guy from hoptown.

189 match really did seem like the best match to me.

And yes there was some questionable calls but the refs did a good job.

It was a good tourney overall.

nunununun- The only reason to complain is if your guy lost on a close call. I was there and I saw no major mistakes by any referees. There is always going to be differences of opinion but don't try to blame the refs cause somebody you were cheering for lost his match. If he really deserved to win, it wouldn't have been close enough for the ref to decide anyway.

Edited by eddie haskell

nunununun- The only reason to complain is if your guy lost on a close call. I was there and I saw no major mistakes by any referees. There is always going to be differences of opinion but don't try to blame the refs cause somebody you were cheering for lost his match. If he really deserved to win, it wouldn't have been close enough for the ref to decide anyway.

Very true, unless it is a Leen vs. Lane or Sanders vs. B. Davis match up.

Soms

It wasn't just for a guy I was rooting for. But the officiating was horrible at this tournament.

Also, Johnson not only beat Kenny Jenkins, but absolutely dominated him. He had a couple of near falls and Kenny didn't really score until the 3rd pd., and from what I saw, wanted it more than Kenny. As good as this match was, there will be several more towards the end of the season.