Brad Walker to Stay Put at William Blount

GovMan

Just to bring those who were interested up to date:

As school started back after Christmas, the two younger Walker brothers, one a 9th grader at WB and one an 8th grader at WB Middle, have transfered to Maryville.

Their older brother, Brad, Regional Newcomer of the Year, has chosen to stay at William Blount.

Thought some of you Blount Countians might be interested.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

RebelRon,

With his height, I can see Darren developing into a top notch receiver in a couple of years. I think that is where he will help. Not sure about TJ ... I do know that he is a tall kid also.

Tell me who the Childs kid is. Not familiar with him.

My understanding is that A.B. is not going anywhere. Things worked out for him to stay in Maryville. I'm glad.

I also think Brad made a good decision ... not just because I wanted him in orange and blue, but at this point in his high school career (entering junior year) I just believe he'll end up being more successful at WB. He's the big fish in the small pond as a Governor, if you know what I mean.

The Childs kid was a starter this past year at Smyrna, on defense. He is also a QB, but played behind the Wolke kid. From all information he could/will be a great asset to Maryville's program (as if they need any more help). His family used to live in Knoxville, moved to Smyrna, now to Maryville.

Seems the legal way to get someone eligible is to move out of county.

Bet LL starts calling a recent transfer about him moving to his school.

:ph34r::huh::)

The transfer rules baffle me. How do you get a bonafide change of residence when only part of a family transfers? The big thing is to be very careful, I think the folks at Gallatin would attest to that.

And it is confirmed that Childs is now at Maryville? If so, I'll have to go back and adjust my region 4-5A forecast.

Everyone knows about TJ Walker,Darren Walker and Steven Childs transfering to Maryville. There may be a few more surprises. I heard there is a lineman from Halls transfering to Maryville. I believe his last name is Holliday or Halliday. The biggest rumor of all is a running back from Georgia transfering to Maryville. The running back from Georgia is supposed to be an all stater.He supposibly is 6' 200lbs and runs a 4.5 forty. I hope that one comes true.I will believe it when I see it.

itzme, I noticed you started a thread on the Public vs Private forum. I guess you think Maryville recruited those kids?

Brad Walker lives with his girlfriend and her parents in Friendsville. Darren Walker and TJ Walker moved in with their mother who lives in the Maryville city limits.Their dad lives in Friendsville.

Steven Childs family moved into the Maryville City limits.They came from Smyrna.

I heard about the Holliday kid but don't know for sure if he is in school.

The running back from Georgia was just a big rumor. It is not happening.

How is Maryville recruiting? There is nothing wrong with these kids coming to Maryville. If they move into the city they can go to Maryville. You people need to quit your crying.