Congratulations Bearden

GovMan

Hey guys, it's me again! lol.. And everyone that has replied to this topic is right?.. You've got the point of where it's not classy and ridiculous to keep pressing in ANY kind of game at any level especially high school.. I forget the high school, but I'm sure all of you guys will know what I'm talkin about, * where the other team let a "special ed" kid run a touchdown.. I don't know about everyone else, but to me that's what high school sports is all about.. High school sports are about teaching life lessons and teaching young men how to be the best citizens that they can be. Well, so we're taught in the Blount County community.. Guys take a look at the game film of the Bearden game. It's not like Coach Baumann had his starting 5 in the game.. He took all of us out and put in the 2nd and 3rd string players j/ for the experience that the sport brings you.. that was until Coach Blevins kept in his 1st and 2nd string rotations j/ to score a hundred points.. I know that it's j/ such an awesome thing to say, we scored 100 points last night. And If I was a freshman j/ starting high school, then of course, I would agree w/ Coach Blevin's actions.. But due to my community and the great supportive people that surround me at william blount I've been taught that winning really isn't everything... There's more to life than j/ winning and winning big no matter the cost.. ANOTHER thing guys, this j/ teaches you about the class that my coach has, when we were playing heritage j/ a short time ago we were having quote "rough times' ourselves.. losing 7 straight, but I ask you what did Coach Baumann do?.. Did he keep starters in and run up the score. NO.. he subbed in and sat back and coached.. BEARDEN PEOPLE AND BASKETBALL FANS, this whole issue isn't about beating someone by 20.. it's about class and doing the right thing. and deep down in everyone's heart no matter how stubborn you are, then you know that pressing and trying to score a 100 on someone no matter what is wrong and not classy at all.. HOW CAN YOU BE TAUGHT TO BE A CLASS ACT WHEN UR MENTOR IS BEING GREEDY.. GREED IS A MAN'S DOWN FALL..

GovMan you are absolutely right.. I would absolutely hate for someone to not give 100% in ANYTHING they do.. They would be cheating themselves more than they would be me.. I can get along w/ losing, but I don't accept it.. I bust my tail to WIN not score 100 in a game.. but like you said not giving ur best is "Ridiculous"..

OK.. Before I leave I, myself, apologize about the comments I made about when it comes district time. I was a lil upset and reading my post over tonight made me think and I realized that the good lord says, turn the other cheek. That night was a smack in the face and it's questioned the heart and soul and dedication commited at William Blount High School.. But I would like to say we'll turn our cheek on this one.. Forget about it, move on, and J/ keep working harder and harder at practice and then we'll be able to show you our answers that the bearden game has questioned. But hey Bearden, good luck the rest of your season and through the district tournament.. we might not even play again, but even if we do and we're winning big by chance I'll guarantee you the first 5 will be sitting on the bench even w/ the smack in the face we recieved.. Best wishes Bearden.....

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think I should shed some Bearden perspective on this thread seeing as though no one here has given that point of view.

First of all, the Cruze ordeal needs to be left out of this thread. I supported Kyle's decision then, but I am supporting Blevins now. Kyle realized it was a game. He quit that game. Simply put, he didn't feel he belonged on that basketball team anymore. I applaud him for that.

Bleveins goes hard. He does not bullcrap and he doesn't take prisoners. If he can, he'll beat you by 100 points. He is that kind of coach. I don't applaud him for what he did, but I can understand why and I question the Governors more than I question Blevins.

I am not a hater or an antagonizer, but William Blount needs to quit its whining, pick its butt up off the floor that Bearden mopped it on to, and get ready for the Rebels. What is embarassing is that William Blount would allow itself to get pounded like that. You cannot tell me that those boys didn't have the fight in them to make that a closer game. I sat in our home gym and watched Willy B. play us within 15 points. At our place, when the season was just beginning and we had something to prove. They should have been able to give us a game at their place.

I don't know about the kids out at William Blount, but as a high school athlete, I would never allow myself to get pounded like that......ever. I would fight with everything I had to make dang sure that that never happened. Let me ask the player on here that plays for William Blount this..... did you guys fight with everything you had? Was it just not enough? Or did you decide it was a lost cause? I'm curious. Bearden is not a team of superstars. I personally know every kid on Bearden's team, and they are just normal kids. Do you really think we were 50 points better than Willy B.? Maybe William Blount needs to readjust their attitude towards playing the game.

I think contrary to many of your statements this game might have shown a lack of character on William Blount's part, not a showing of character. And it shows no character on your part to come on here whining about your thrashing. It shows an attitude of helplessness. I hope you don't play Maryville with the same attitude.

My best suggestion for William Blount is to take this beating and remember it. Give it to us next time. Make us pay for it.

I don't merit Blevins for what he did, but his actions certainly were not as dispicable as you describe. I am proud for my team,as they are struggling moreso thatn normal this year, and I hope they continue to beat opponents this badly. And I wish the beast of luck to William Blount the rest of the season. They should take this as a sign of something good or bad. And they should use it as motivation.

Let me ask the player on here that plays for William Blount this..... did you guys fight with everything you had? Was it just not enough? Or did you decide it was a lost cause?

My reply to these ?'s are .. we fought w/ everything we had that night.. and obviously NO it wasn't enough.. and nothing is a lost cause except for giving up.. and I'm j/ wanting you to know that Bearden was no doubt the better team that night.. I mean they couldn't miss.. Bearden went 25-29 from the field in the first half and didn't miss their first 19 shots.. I'm not whining about anything by the way. I j/ don't understand the importance of beating someone that badly whether it be William blount, bearden, maryville, or your cross town rival.. but kid we have picked ourselves up off the floor that bearden mopped with our tails and we will be ready for the Rebels.. don't worry about that!.. But still once again even tho they're a big rival we wouldn't try and embarrass them w/ a big 100 on the scoreboard.. OR MAYBE WE SHOULD LOSE ALL CLASS AND TRY... But then again we win and lose w/ class.. that's not our style and that's why it's so special to be a WILLIAM BLOUNT GOVERNOR..!!!

GO BEARDEN!!!!!!!!!!!

Bearden did nothing wrong i for one am glad the coach didnt let up. if the govs cant run with the big dawg they need to stay on the porch. if you want to talk about cowards lets talk about how the govs were holding the ball at the end of the game not passing it. when Paul purposly fouled the govs player that was the best move og the night. Bearden never does that, we always play till its over we never give up. and if going easy on someone is the right thing to do then i dont know what. All of the BHS players did play that night too not just the "Talented" ones. if you saw what i saw you would have seen by the time the game started to the end of the game beardens coach never stoped coaching. now on the govs side there coach didnt seem to be doin his job very well from what i saw he sat down for most of the time. On the way to the game tuesday night Beardens bus broke down and they had to cram in to an SUV to get to the game on time. Now if that was any other school i cant see them doin what BHS did, Because the Bearden Players are very, very loyal. BHS was ready for the game form the moment they walked in the doors because thats how Coach "B" does it, he makes the players believe that they are the best and with that attitude they play their best WIN or LOSE coach belivins never punishes players who do their best. The GOVS during their warm up did not seem to be getting their heads in the game and focusing as Bearden did. The GOVS were jokein around before the game when they should have been warming up, they let the bearden students shoot a few times and not really acting like this was a real game more like it was just practice. If BHS wants to break 100 then they can go right on ahead they got the skills. if a coach not letting his players quit or take it easy on the poor team that is not as good as them and that is the wrong thing to do then i guess you could say that there is no real compition in the sporting world anymore if the YANKEES played the BRAVES and lets say the Yankees are better then the Braves you better believe the Yankees coach wont be like "go easy on 'em to night" Coach Belivens told his kids to be all they can be and thats what they did

GOOD JOB COACH

GO DAWGS!!!

BHS vs FHS jan 23rd and we will be all we can be

From

BHS JR

Big Bro was #24 in 2002

Edited by BHSDAWG

A William Blount player and coach are both posting very strongly....sounds like it must have really been rediculous the other night. I'm sure the head coach is not even thinking about it anymore with a powerhouse like Maryville on the horizon. Best of luck to what sounds like a classy bunch at William Blount.

Well I've read the opposing points of view from BHSDAWG, BHSFootball, and cacadeltoro and I'm certainly glad they participated in this thread. Each person is always entitled to their own opinions.

The only definite conclusion I've reached ... of the three listed above, two need remedial help in English grammar. Their posts reminded me of some of my Composition 101 papers in college: A in content / D- in grammar. Ah ... the good old days.

Good luck to Bearden the rest of the way. I didn't -- and still don't -- have a problem with the fine young men who play on that team. I love to watch 'em.

I have been reading about Bearden running the score up on William Blount. And, no matter what you may say, pressing with a 50 point lead is running the score up. First, there are no big dogs in East Tennessee. Our Oak Hill team is currently 19-0, ranked Number 1 in the nation according to USA Today, and just won the Spanish Junior National Tournament in Barcelona, Spain. Since 1985 we are 469-31, produced over 100 Div I players, and sent 13 to the NBA. If the Bearden people really want to see how good they are, and they really believe in the no mercy rule, then we would love to see them on the court somewhere. Something tells me that they would not be so sure of the no mercy rule if the situation was reversed. We don't have to press with a 50 point lead for our players give 100% (contrary to what people say there is no 110%) or to reach 100. I want to commend the William Blount team on their sportsmanship, and again invite Bearden to a "no mercy" basketball game. So all of you in East Tennessee keep dreaming. Dream about how good your coach is, or how good your players are, or how good your team is. But when you finally wake up you will see that East Tennessee basketball is neither important nor a threat to the Oak Hill BIG DOGS!

I have been reading about Bearden running the score up on William Blount. And, no matter what you may say, pressing with a 50 point lead is running the score up. First, there are no big dogs in East Tennessee. Our Oak Hill team is currently 19-0, ranked Number 1 in the nation according to USA Today, and just won the Spanish Junior National Tournament in Barcelona, Spain. Since 1985 we are 469-31, produced over 100 Div I players, and sent 13 to the NBA. If the Bearden people really want to see how good they are, and they really believe in the no mercy rule, then we would love to see them on the court somewhere. Something tells me that they would not be so sure of the no mercy rule if the situation was reversed. We don't have to press with a 50 point lead for our players give 100% (contrary to what people say there is no 110%) or to reach 100. I want to commend the William Blount team on their sportsmanship, and again invite Bearden to a "no mercy" basketball game. So all of you in East Tennessee keep dreaming. Dream about how good your coach is, or how good your players are, or how good your team is. But when you finally wake up you will see that East Tennessee basketball is neither important nor a threat to the Oak Hill BIG DOGS!

That is about the dumbest post I've ever seen on here. Did you sign up just to talk smack? And where is Oak Hill? And your little invite is a bout as far-fetched as anything I've ever imagined.

Nobody ever claimed Bearden to be a superstar team, in fact, we claimed that they were NOT.

You showed a lot of class coming on here hyping your team up. It really made you look like an idiot.

oakhill,

There is no doubt that Oak Hill Academy is one of the greatest high school basketball programs in the country. But. They get the best players across the country to go there so they should beat the heck out of everyone. I hope Tyler Smith stays in Giles County and plays his senior year instead of going to Oak Hill.

oakhill,

you're comparing apples to oranges my friend. a program that exists by taking the top national talent and competing against other academies is a far cry from a team that shares the local talent with ten or 12 other programs in the same city. of course, i wouldn't expect you to comprehend that. i'm sure oakhill didn't recruit you for your score on the SAT.