Gonyea

Snobhater

I am worried about Coach Gonyea. He never seems to be happy. If it is not the location of the state duals it is how many teams from each region get to go. If not that it is how many teams are in his Region. If not that it is about where the state tournament is held every year. Does anyone see a pattern here? We need to keep an eye on him. I do not want to see him go off the deep end because of some depression related illness.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Snobhater, No, CoachG has been happy before. Please read below what I've copied and pasted of CoachG's response to the 74-3 loss his team had to Bradley.

"Actually, had it been another team, I might be really embarassed about the score, but we knew what we were getting into last night. I wanted to show my guys what makes Bradley so good. We were happy about some things though. The score doesn't reflect really what happened last night."

You can find this post on the tread "Bradley vs Cookeville".

That's right...I heard that somewhere before, don't know what it means, but it looked really AWESOME on our t-shirts 2 years ago....

But seriously, it is how bad you want it....I guess you think a football coach is complaining if they want to review a play or look to get the best opportunity for their team.

If you would really look at the posts I have made about the status quo in TN, I have never complained about the state tournament (I just asked why is it always in Chattanooga) I never complained about the state duals(I just stated that the top two teams should attend from each region...and that was in reference to Cleveland not getting to attend)....I never complained about the size of our region(I just stated that isn't it odd that we have 23 teams while others have only 9). You see, there must be some problem with me getting to state my opinion or ask a question....

5 years, that's all I have been coaching for 5 years, I don't know all the rich history of TN wrestling, so I ask questions, if you take it as whining...so be it... I am just a coach who wants to learn as much as possible to give my athletes the advantage....Sorry to ruffle your feathers....by the way...why do I offend you so much that you would have to single me out? Aren't there other people asking questions?