Gonyea

Snobhater

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Coach,

I don't think you are being singled out. At least not in my posts. My question on the thread regarding Region V was because you stated something to the effect of; why bother discussing, it is never going to change. I was interested in why you gave that opinion.

The only other time I recall was when you said something in regards to who votes for the rankings, something to the effect of; "don't ask because I was berated for asking before". I was interested in who was doing that, but you would never come forward with who "they" were.

Not exact quotes, but in the ballpark (or at least on the in bounds part of the wrestling mat).

Huh? Who is CoachGonyeaSHS?

soms

Seriously...

Coach Gonyea is one of the finest men in coaching. I am amazed at his patience, his optimisim, his love for the boys. He's a man of honor. He does not get the parental support a coach really needs and in spite of that, I believe he has done wonders with no regular feeder program to speak of and only a cafeteria on concrete floors. I hope he'll hang in there with this great sport and an up & coming team.

Smyrna really needs him, but most importantly the boys need him like a compass, and the character he strives to intstill these boys in this dificult world.

soms

CoachGonyeaSHS Posted on: Dec 22 2003 - 04:48 PM

Replies: 45

Views: 2,152 Don't ask about who votes in the coaches poll, I asked that 2 years ago and got majorily beat up about it...

coach,

I did not understand that when you asked, it was on a message board. I wanted to know who would do such a thing as verbally beat you up. You never answered, until now. Now that you have answered, I really don't care. The reason I don't care now is that anyone could have been pulling your chain on here, from a kid to a parent. I thought that you inferred that someone with knowledge and position had given you the "beating".

Well, I better go, gotta study for my biology 1 test tomorrow! (just kidding here).

That was my first year actually getting accustomed to Tennessee Wrestling. You assume that it was a kid, however, to this day I still do not know who it was. It could very well have been an adult.

All I know is that when I ask a question that seems to shake up the comfort zone of some area here in TN, the sparks start to fly.

I feel so welcome here in TN.