Inmature Coaching

Sportster

Here is a real Kicker. This is LightHouse "MISSION STATEMENT"

LightHouse Christian School exists to glorify God by offering a Christ-centered, quality education that assists parents in training their children to be disciples of Jesus Christ.

I dont think this display of Sportsman ship and compession for our fellow man is what our Lord meant!

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LightHouse will definately have some rough days ahead and you will be surprised of other coaches whom will help set the matter straight. If this is true it is hard to imagine a school administrator allowing it to continue. 65 point lead and in a full court press UNIMAGINABLE! Good Luck Heritage keep your heads up your day will come.

If this is true it is hard to imagine a school administrator allowing it to continue. 65 point lead and in a full court press UNIMAGINABLE! Good Luck Heritage keep your heads up your day will come.

I am seeing more and more of this kind of thing this year, its like all these coaches want there 15 seconds of fame in the newspaper. Let me give an example of what a quality coach does. Last night Jackson County played Dekalb County, a program that right now is in a transition and down somewhat, after the first quarter when Jackson County was winning 25-9, he started subbing, the whole bench played, all 15 girls, the starters never touched the floor together after the first quarter, JC still won the game easily but the girls for Dekalb weren't humiliated in front of their family and peers, they were able to walk off the floor knowing that they were able to do some good things and have some success against the 4 time defending state champions. That is what a quality coach does, there is no need to embarrass a group of girls like this coach has done. I hope that whoever that coach is they can sleep at night after such a thing, and they call theirselves a christian school? :)

I learned something new this afternoon, that some Private Schools that are not members of the TSSAA even go get players to play on their teams whom are not even students in the school. One word "LUDICROUS". I'm not sure if LightHouse does this or not but it sure is funny how they suppossedly got so good from one season to the next after dropping out of the TSSAA.

Now I have just read the Column in the Knoxville News Sentinel about the Knoxville Bearden Coach staying in a full court press while winning by FIFTY points. Who is putting these idiots on earth. I just cant imagine anyone not having the compassion to call off the dogs for a younger team or lesser skilled team. Maybe when they die they can put on their headstone "Here Lies "????????????" they left this earth with a BIG EGO".

Sporty,

I AGREE, WHAT ARE THEY TEACHING THE KIDS?

Sometimes a 15-20 point deficit early in a game is not enough cushion for the 2nd or 3rd string to maintain for the victory. If the starters go out and get cold they may not be able to swing the momentum enough to hold on for the win.

If the 2nd and 3rd string can extend the lead then maybe the winning coach needs to needs to change the tempo (come out of the press, drop back to a zone, walk to ball up the floor or work on running their offense and not taking the shot)

As for the losing coach if the game has gone completely out of control sub his/her 2nd or 3rd string to show the game is over now you (the winning coach have won), please back off.

AGAIN WHAT IS BEING TAUGHT?

i agree that the team winning should sub out there starters with a 30 point lead, or If you are like some teams i have coached where you only have 7 players, you can change the tempo of the game, such as not press. But, if you are losing by 30 why would you sub your starters, sounds like they need game experience, especially if they are young. But i was coaching in a game recently, winning by 35 points in the 4th period, I sub my starters and the idiot in the other coaching box decides to press by 2nd team. Well, if he wants to press and trap, i'll just put my starters back in. It just doesn't make any sense, if you are up 30 or down 30 going into the 4th quarter don't press.

I am now going to stop posting on this subject, As a christian I have chosen to take a higher road than these coaches and turn the other cheek. I do look forward to looking at everyones oppinion on this matter. Let me end by saying this I would be disaapointed if a winning coaches team rolled over and play dead with a HUGE LEAD. I fully expect their 1st, 2nd and 3rd teams to all play with extreme intensity. But they can do that in a sportsmanship manner (half court and zone defenses). I look forward to reading any other ideas on this manner. I do apologize if I had offended anyone by my sometime stearn oppinion on this matter.