4th Issue of TNRANKINGS

tnranker

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Uri Hansen gets bumped from the rankings after winning at bolton (215). Lawrence Seay (M. Cath) holds on to 2nd place at 275 Div 2 after being defeated twice last week by Andrew Hoosier (MUS) ranked 3rd. Seay was also defeated by Carl Taylor (Ridge) at the Bolton tournament. Go figure that one.

Edited by muley252

I'm sure R8 does not mean to sound whiney. I can't possibly imagine all the time and effort that goes into statewide rankings. I wonder why anyone wants to do it.

I would just like to see a little blurb of results that backs up the rankings.

Anyway, are these rankings used for anything important? Are rankings taken into account when seeding for the state tournament, MatMan's, TNrankers, or anyone's? Are they taken into account when seeding for regionals, or anyone's tournaments?

If not, I suppose they count for naught except bragging rights.

I'd like to know anyhow.

and then you guys wonder why Rob Sherrill quit doing the rankings. No one is ever happy an no one ever thanks the guys for the work they do.

Thanks TNRanker

Coach Gonyea SHS

Smyrna High

I'm with Coach Gonyea, TNRanker is doing the best he can with the info he has. No one is ever satisfied. I commend him on taking the time and effort to put the rankings together. Rankings are for bragging rights, I feel there is no real ranking system. Look at college football and basketball, there are two ranking systems there. Chill out and let this man handle his business.

Guys...Guys...

You guys are brutal!! Believe me ranking all these kids is extremely tough. Especially with Tnranker and I trying to beat each other in posting them, not to mention that we want them to be a accurate as possible. Why not just applaud TNranker on his effort. After all how many unranked wrestlers place at state each year?