Updated AA west tn

sls

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I find it interesting that both of you have Humboldt rated 10th in West Tenn. and the AP Polls have them ranked #5 in the state.

Although they may have a very good team, (obviously you have seen them play and I haven't), it makes my point about how biased the state pollsters are about teams in their areas. Many of them haven't seen Humboldt or Haywood, Covington or any of the West Tenn. teams and do an injustice to those teams by not giving them the respect they deserve.

I personally think Haywood and Covington should be getting some votes in the state poll.

I agree that Haywood deserves to be ranked statewide and I voted them #5 on my ballot this week. Have only seen Covington in their run to the championship of Martin Christmas Tourney where they played well. Information on them is sketchy in all available sources. Lost to Bolton Tuesday. Don't think they're quite Top 10 statewide but for sure Top 10 West Tennessee

Jumpshot I think the pollsters did not have time to consider the loss to Gib Cty by Humb and the loss to Milan.

Cheif I had CC ahead of Westview since they just defeated them

For all practical purposes though from 3-15 probably anyone can beat anyone on a given night. Typical west tn basketball

I watched JCS the other night and they are not bad! They will have their tests in the next week or so with Adamsville and Middleton both @ JCS. JCS should go to state this year and with that being said should by all rights be able to compete with the average and above average AA teams. The elite are a different story and Chester is above average.

Bolivar #1 nuf said

Haywood 5 w's in a row

Covington

F-Ware

Union City

Sside Humb friday

Chester County dist tests upcoming

Lexington Sside, Milan coming up

Milan much improved

Martin

Humboldt 3 L's in a row Sside Friday

Does Humboldt get to move up any after tonight Mr. SLS?

We beat Southside tonight by 2. We beat Westview by 20. We beat Chester Co by 30. We beat Milan 2 out of 3. We got Liberty, Chester Co, McNairy, Bolivar, Southside, and Ripley coming up.