5th Issue of TNRANKINGS

tnranker

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Best, you may be right. I am not sure.

I wonder if in the McCallie tournament that the McCallie team always puts forth it's strongest effort. I think the answer yes, they put their very best available out on the mat.

Now, I wonder, when you have another strong program in town (Soddy) having their tournament, why you would not give your best effort their as well. I believe Soddy goes to McCallie and provides some credibility to the strength and competition of that tournament. In other words, giving back the same respect in order to maintain the reputation of Soddy tournament.

Again, not sure why they did not field a full team, but in the same city with coaches and wrestlers knowing each other so well, it does not make complete sense to.

I am sure there is some strategy in play that I am not aware of. But mystery of who you have to put on the mat, hmmmm. You would think that even I could figure out where a team is currently wrestling their guys. If that is true, then wrestle those guys where they have already been competing. And you still keep the mystery of .....well of whatever.

I looked at it and.....how do you rank them?

Baylor - something and 2 with loses to Parkview, GA and McCallie. Beat Soddy

McCallie - something and 2 with loses to Starr's Mill, GA and Collins Hill, GA. Beat Soddy and Baylor.

Soddy - Lost to Baylor and McCallie.

Ryan - Something and 2 with loses to Harrison, OH and Park Hill, MO.

Looking at the entire season, I think it should be;

McCallie

Ryan

Baylor

McCallie

But, if you consider only the results of the past 7 days, I think it is;

McCallie

Soddy

Ryan

Baylor

However, If I take the middle ground my final answer is;

McCallie

Ryan

Soddy

Baylor

What this really means is the DII State Duals will be great to watch.

McCallie

Baylor

Ryan

MBA

Notre Dame

Christian Bros

Any of the top 3 can win the whole thing and any of the bottom 3 could hang an upset on one of the top 3. As I have said before, an injury here, an upset there, a pin here...momentum is a powerful thing.

The thing I am most looking forward to.

Consider the new "stay calm coach" rule. In years past the antics of DII coaches have been as much fun to watch as the wrestling. It makes one wonder which will be tossed first.

CB may win the thing by default. :D

Soddy has wrestled Baylor twice this year and lost 36-21 in the first match of the season and lost 40-24 at the McEachern Duals.

I don't think Soddy should be ranked ahead of Baylor or McCallie.

Baylor's record is 22-2 on the year according to their web-site.

Edited by matfan

Mr. BayouBear, I agree with your post. There really is not way to rank them all, especially Baylor/Father Ryan or Father Ryan/McCallie. Father Ryan hasn't really wrestled any in-state competition yet. While they haven't done anything to earn a better ranking, they also haven't done anything to go down in the rankings. Baylor lost to McCallie, so that sends them down. McCallie lost to Baylor, so that sends them up. For that reason, I stick Father Ryan between them. Soddy has lost to Baylor and McCallie. The only argument might be that they should be ahead of Father Ryan, but I don't think that works as well as making McCallie, Father Ryan, and Baylor the 2, 3, and 4 teams. That's just how I see it.