Thanks Irishdad

d2fan

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In all these threads about the Ryan-MBA match Thursday night, no one has brought up the possibility of the two coaches making any lineup changes.

With MBA admittedly an underdog, it's in Frank's best interest to manipulate his lineup any way he can to offset some of the Irish's "guaranteed" wins, just like Connell did with his McCallie lineup against Baylor last week.

One of those "guaranteed" wins for the Irish is at 125, where Hiller has proven to be one of the best the state has to offer. It's too bad MBA doesn't have anyone that can challenge Jimmy at 125. An upset there would really have the Irish reeling... wait... oh yeah, I almost forgot. MBA does have a wrestler in its lineup that can challenge Hiller. In fact, the Big Red has a wrestler that has already beaten Hiller twice -- once on the biggest stage of them all and again in the deciding match of the 2003 MBA-Ryan dual.

Wrestling fans, get ready for Hiller-Simpson: The Final Meeting. Thursday night, 7 p.m. at Father Ryan. That match alone will be worth the $5 price of admission.

I'm not so sure about that one, because if Hiller wins, maybe even pins the undersized Simpson, MBA will have to hope that their JV 119 (unless Francis cuts) can pull of a win of equal magnitude over a varsity Ryan wrestler. I'm guessing the take the pin/tech. at 119 with Simpson and let Francis hold on for dear life. Although nobody is really expecting Francis to win, an minor or even an major would be like an upset. That would put MBA up by a couple of points for the 119-125 stretch (which includes, arguably Ryan's best wrestler, but also MBA's best). That's just how I see it, but I can see what you're saying. Go for it all. They will definitely need some upsets anyway to best Ryan. It will be a great one.

If I was sneaking, would I have posted it on this board?????????

Papbear3:

Since Ryan is your alma mater, I am sure you know some rear entrance to sneak in the gym!

I was and still am just joking! That is the problem with the board, saracasm and humor sometimes are lost in the verbage.

Have a safe trip from the left to the middle.