William Blount Coach

VTEC

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The committee members charged with the duty of selecting a head football coach for William Blount High school have fulfilled their obligation. Together, they have made a unanimous recommendation to the Blount County Superintendent of Schools.

The ball is now in his court.

scott meadows

I hope the committee stays together and keeps looking. In two years they will be going through the same process. If Coach Meadows didn't stay at Alcoa and Jefferson County more than two years what makes you think he will stay of Willie Blount. Look at the track record.

Rhea County = 3 years

Oconee County Georgia = no more than 3 years

Sequoyah = 2 years

Alcoa = 2 years

UT Knoxville = less than 48 hours

Jefferson County = 2 years

Willie Blount = ?????

Do you see a pattern developing here ;)

Whether or not at this point you like Meadows or don't like him, I believe it would be a mistake of epic proportion for Blount County Superintendent of Schools Alvin Hoard to not hire him for the WB job after he has been unanimously recommended by the committee that was charged with finding a coach.

I can already tell you, if Mr. Hoard vetoes this hire, it will unleash a public outcry and backlash the likes of which he has never seen.

After a committee does it's job, a committee consisting of the school's athletics director, a faculty rep, a parent rep, a school board member ... people who know the school and the program ... after they do their job and make a recommendation, all the superintendent should be is a rubber stamp to approve the hire. If he becomes more than that--without concrete, substantiated facts to support his decision--he is abusing his position.

Hey Red81KPSmash who said anything about you being an expert? Do you have some interest in who gets the WB job? I think your boy might be getting the shaft on this deal. And by the way what is the deal with the golf ball?

I do have an interest in who gets the WB job for several different reasons, Tripeman. As for my boy, I hope he stays put. The golfball reminds me of my best friend: round,dimply, and unpredictable!!!! ;)