1-26-04 AP Coaches Poll

BayouBear

RMC,

All I am saying is that McCallie's current lineup is better than in December. Nowhere in my post did I say they would beat anyone. I said that someone recognized they are stronger now than they were then and felt they deserved a first place vote. That is their vote to cast. They analyzed the current information, McCallie's current lineup and Bradley losing Morris at 103, and honestly feel that McCallie is better at this time. I know many of the voters and they take their duty seriously.

Edited by CoachDelgado

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yea, I found that out, but what everyone has to realize is that none of these teams are near the same (maybe better, maybe worse) as they were 2 months ago. If you need some examples, let me know, and I'll get them up. That's what makes this all so exciting. You never know what will happen between some of these teams that are so closely ranked. Besides, I've seen Overton and Kenwood wrestle many times this year, so I've got a pretty good idea of how everyone matches up. But then again, I've been wrong so many times before...Thanks for the help Soms. Good luck to your team and you son in the upcoming month. Maybe I'll see you in a week and a half.

CoachDelgado...you're probably right. If nothing else the guys are just wrestling better. The biggest thing I noticed last Friday was McCallie seemed to have much more confidence. I like the guys over at Baylor, but I got the feeling they had the deer in the head lights look. Parkview had that same look on Saturday.

McCallie's current lineup and Bradley losing Morris at 103, and honestly feel that McCallie is better at this time. I know many of the voters and they take their duty seriously.

Didn't McCallie forfeit at 103 against some strong teams like Baylor recently? Was that due to strategy, injury or what?

I believe McCallie's full squad and Parkview's would be comparable right now, but BC?

soms

Yeh soms that forfiet goes to a different wrestler now making McCallie that much stronger. Most dont want Bradley to be number one so they manufacture reasons. Besides, McCallie will have their hands full with Baylor next time around and may not win some of the pivotal toss up matchups they were able to pull off the other night. McCallie is very strong, they hung on to one point win vs a very good Soddy team. However at the risk of rehashing already know facts, bradley beat that same Soddy team by 21. They beat Collins Hill by 26(sorry RMC not trying to rub it in) the same team that beat bayler by 10 and etc., etc. etc. Now they beat Parkview, who thrashed everyone all year , a team that beat collins hill etc., etc., etc., and we come up with a scenario that Bradley may not be no. 1 . Well they may not be, and O.J. may be innocent. Maybe Johnny Cochran voted in the AP poll this week. Bradley also does this without shuffelling a lineup that includes a 103. I may be wrong fellow posters but this one is obvious. The head to head comments are about to fly out of the woodwork but this year with all the common opponents that argument wont flly either. Ill sit back now and wait for all the grenades. You all know in your heart Im right, you hate it but Im right.

Well they may not be, and O.J. may be innocent. Maybe Johnny Cochran voted in the AP poll this week.

AP polling person: Mr . Johnny Cochran, what is your comment on the coach who did not vote for Bradley as the number one team this week?

Johnny Cochran: If he did not vote, he must have smoked!

Good line Texas. Brickhousechick,you present some strong arguments but geez,cant you let us Blue faithful have even one little first place vote? And no , Im not going to throw the fact that we didnt wrestle head to head against your brick wall. You are wrong about one thing though, we will handle Baylor again. Remember, Gordon is at the helm. And Texas, We are no. 2 and were not through!

RMC,

Thank's for the compliment. But a State Duals title for Bradley is a long way from a sure thing.

We only have to go back to the 2001-2 season. Bradley beat Soddy in the regular season. Soddy was able to do some bumping and won the final 35-30. The same Bradley team went on to win the Traditional Tournament by almost 60 poits, BC put 6 in the finals, Soddy put 3. BC had 6 champions, Soddy had 2.

You know as well as anyone that State Tournaments do strange things to teams and wrestlers. IMHO Bradley has had the best team in the state each of the last 6 years but we only have won 4 of the last 6 State Dual titles. Is that becuase BC choked or didn't wrestle well? No, it's because Clarksville and Soddy accepted the challenge and wrestled great.

I will admit BC should be the favorite but when BC takes the mat they generally see the best the opponent has to offer. Soddy is very good and extremly well coached. Bradley will see an entirely different lineup that the one Soddy sent out last week. It will be fun and I am looking forward to it.

RMC,

Thank's for the compliment. But a State Duals title for Bradley is a long way from a sure thing.

We only have to go back to the 2001-2 season. Bradley beat Soddy in the regular season. Soddy was able to do some bumping and won the final 35-30. The same Bradley team went on to win the Traditional Tournament by almost 60 poits, BC put 6 in the finals, Soddy put 3. BC had 6 champions, Soddy had 2.

You know as well as anyone that State Tournaments do strange things to teams and wrestlers. IMHO Bradley has had the best team in the state each of the last 6 years but we only have won 4 of the last 6 State Dual titles. Is that becuase BC choked or didn't wrestle well? No, it's because Clarksville and Soddy accepted the challenge and wrestled great.

I will admit BC should be the favorite but when BC takes the mat they generally see the best the opponent has to offer. Soddy is very good and extremly well coached. Bradley will see an entirely different lineup that the one Soddy sent out last week. It will be fun and I am looking forward to it.

BayouBear,

I would like your opinion on what you think Coach Henry can do to bump around his line up to make up 21 points.

This I gotta hear, I mean read.

I just say, thank God Coach Logsdon won't let this BC/Baylor/McCallie thing get settled on the mat! Other wise half the posts on this thread would never get posted. There is a rumor that Coach Logsdon owns stock in CoachT. He gets a nickle for every post about "this BC/Baylor/McCallie thing". The man is a genious!!!