Question about DII Ind Regions

mtnman

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well as a DII coach it is just as confusing trust me. I think the first criterion is being a returning medalist, then I think it is having beaten a returning medalist, and finallwy I think it is record and head to head competiiton. But I am really not sure but that is what I think it is for the most part, please don't hold me to it though :ph34r:

So all DII wrestlers qualify for the state tourney. This doesnt seem quiet fair especially to the DI guys who must place in the top four in a twenty-plus team Region tourney. Just your thoughts on this unfortunate situation. A guy could be a four time state qualifer DII but could never beat a DI wrestler who was never able to place and make the state tourney. Just curious on what other peole think about this format. Congrats to the Coach Simpson and the Irish and best of luck to all wrestlers next weekend and at the Big Show in Chattanooga.

Sorry it ofends you, but we didn't ask to be seperated, just the nature of the beast, I will say it is easier to medal at the DII tournament, but it is a lot harder to win it. When they seperated out the DII schools they took the cream of Tennessee wrestling, McCallie, Baylor, Father Ryan, MBA, Notre Dame, CBHS. We may not be anywhere near these schools, but we hold our own against most DI schools. We beat 3 of the 4 schools in the regional duals and the one we lost to Maryville was on criteria 39 to 39. If you want to put us back in I am all for it. One state, One sport, One champion. Best of luck to everyone at there regional tournaments and state tournaments!

Mr. BayouBear, here are the best wrestlers at each weight (in my opinion, of course).

103-Doster/Johnson

112-Dunning

119-Cordell

125-James

130-Cleveland

135-Leen

140-Blair

145-Manley

152-Scott

160-Gibson

171-Blackmon

189-Marable

215-Saint

275-Huffstetler

Just from how I see it, 10 of the 14 are from D2. That might be why D2 is harder to WIN, but as far as placing, D1 is much harder. Good luck as we see it all unfold in two weeks.