Multiplier

trnbrant

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No one knows right know who will drop. I look at Mitchell and we know their next years numbers will be alot higher than currently stated. What are the privates going to do/ Only time wil tell. I think the next thing to look at is what is going on with the Virginia Plan? Will it pass or not? What has been the info going around about that? I know about the plan but will it pass or not? Any info is appreciated.

I haven't heard any talk about jumping to DII as of yet. I kind of think most of the DI privates will stay, but so far I haven't proven to be too much of a prophet, so who knows?

Seems to me that the bucs may be out of the loop on this one, may be that the alphebet league in Nashville may be trying to pull one over on the old Bucs. According to my sources in Nashvegas, these alphebet teams are going to fly the coup, not because of football but because of the other sports. They will look at the regions in basketball and baseball and make a decision together. Let the recruiting begin, if people think it is bad now, it is going to get even uglier later. If CPA and FRA are going to have to compete against BGA and Briarcrest they will have to sweetin there own pot and give financial aid. This will make everyone happy(except those who are affected), the publics get what they want (exodus from the privates), and division II gets what they want. (more teams to compete against)

ELA is correct, it all depends on what the division I privates do, it is really to early to speculate on the specifics because there will be lots of teams on the bubble to move up or down. Enrollments will definantly change even in the higher classifications. I would suspect that a Wilson Central or a Walker Valley, realitivly new schools, will move up in classification, along with others that may move down. It is going to be exciting to see what differences it will make in the regions and classifications in all sports.

"If CPA and FRA are going to have to compete against BGA and Briarcrest they will have to sweetin there own pot and give financial aid."

What ever happened to "working harder the old fashion way" like what supposedly brought some of the DI 1A privates where they are now?

The bucs should be happy about the Nashville area alphabet schools considering DII. Ultimately it would be less competition for them in AA. Shucks, they have already proven they can compete on the 4A level in football and AAA level in girls softball. Winning in AA won't be a problem ESPECIALLY if those schools go DII.

Edited by CSense

What ever happened to "working harder the old fashion way" like what supposedly brought some of the DI 1A privates where they are now?

That's a good question, looks like they are going to take there ball and move to a different playground.

The bucs should be happy about the Nashville area alphabet schools considering DII. Ultimately it would be less competion for them in AA. Shucks, they have already proven they can compete on the 4A level in football and AAA level in girls softball. Winning in AA won't be a problem ESPECIALLY if those schools go DII.

Its not football that the bucs have to worry about, it could be difficult to compete in the other sports, I am not sure though, maybe Baldcoach could speculate on the issue of how it will affect the bucs in other sports.

As CAK contemplates whether to stay in Div I or switch to Div II it comes down to which sports you care to sacrifice. In football, we would be 2a which means playing schools ONLY 2 and1/2 times our size. Quite a challenge but one we could eventually deal with(I think). That's b/c there are five classes in football. In tennis, golf, volleyball, and soccer there are currently only two classes so nothing changes there at all.Those are "country club" sports so private schools kids will do O.k. anyway. Things get a little trickier when you look at basketball and baseball/softball. There you only have three classes so enrollments are more spread out. That places us playing schools three and 1/2 times our size.( I AM NOT WHINING, JUST STATING FACTS) Now baseball/softball are generally sports middle class white kids do O.K. in; so again, eventually we could be competetive(hopefully). That leaves basketball. Last projected districts I saw had us in with Austin-East and Fulton :rolleyes: . Oh, well, ya' can't win 'em all.

We could jump to Div II which helps in basketball but is tougher in all other sports. Although there is another advantage in switching I haven't heard discussed much. We have several families on financial aid with the vast majority of those being middle and elementary. Why?? Because those families have to make a choice in high school; do I send my child to public school (or Webb) so they can play sports or do I accept aid thus disqualifying my child from playing sports?If your child really enjoys ball that's a tough choice. This happens more than you realize. If we go Div II we still won't recruit but it will help a lot of our families keep their kids in a christian school.

As CAK contemplates whether to stay in Div I or switch to Div II it comes down to which sports you care to sacrifice. In football, we would be 2a which means playing schools ONLY 2 and1/2 times our size. Quite a challenge but one we could eventually deal with(I think). That's b/c there are five classes in football. In tennis, golf, volleyball, and soccer there are currently only two classes so nothing changes there at all.Those are "country club" sports so private schools kids will do O.k. anyway. Things get a little trickier when you look at basketball and baseball/softball. There you only have three classes so enrollments are more spread out. That places us playing schools three and 1/2 times our size.( I AM NOT WHINING, JUST STATING FACTS) Now baseball/softball are generally sports middle class white kids do O.K. in; so again, eventually we could be competetive(hopefully). That leaves basketball. Last projected districts I saw had us in with Austin-East and Fulton :rolleyes: . Oh, well, ya' can't win 'em all.

We could jump to Div II which helps in basketball but is tougher in all other sports. Although there is another advantage in switching I haven't heard discussed much. We have several families on financial aid with the vast majority of those being middle and elementary. Why?? Because those families have to make a choice in high school; do I send my child to public school (or Webb) so they can play sports or do I accept aid thus disqualifying my child from playing sports?If your child really enjoys ball that's a tough choice. This happens more than you realize. If we go Div II we still won't recruit but it will help a lot of our families keep their kids in a christian school.

Shame on you for not being DII now and allowing those kids a good Christian education and athletics.

As CAK contemplates whether to stay in Div I or switch to Div II it comes down to which sports you care to sacrifice

Great points on the issues, Dalton 91, I think most division I privates are contemplating the same scenerios. However, I disagree with the recruiting statement. If CAK doesn't recruit, they may find themselves sacrificing in every sport especially in the "country club catagory"

Shame on you for not being DII now and allowing those kids a good Christian education and athletics.

Don't care much for your judgemental attitude but I believe it comes from ignorance. Let me give you the full story. Years ago when the split came about the thought was" we aren't going to give out athletic scholarships b/c that runs counter to our mission. We are a christian school not an athletic school. If these families REALLY want a christain education they should sacrifice." Sounds good, but that's not how the real world operates. I agree that attitude is "overly spiritual".

Also it was(and is) a matter of economics. With very little aid money to go around now I can just imagine a family that is denied aid. They will raise a stink about "athletes" receiving preferred treatment whether its true or not. These issues; - the preception of athletics getting too much of the money pie - avoiding controversy over who receives aid, might keep us in Div I anyway. Not to mention the extra travel that might be involved with a switch to Div II.

Edited by Dalton91

Great points on the issues, Dalton 91, I think most division I privates are contemplating the same scenerios. However, I disagree with the recruiting statement. If CAK doesn't recruit, they may find themselves sacrificing in every sport especially in the "country club catagory"

That's only if we switch to DIV II. I said only basketball would be easier. (year in and year out I would rather play Webb and Catholic than Fulton and A-E) We are already playing DIV I 2a schools in the "country club" sports and do real well. We might end up biting the bullet in basketball by staying in Div I. Of course, basketball is what I coach.

Edited by Dalton91

Don't care much for your judgemental attitude but I beleive it comes from ignorance. Let me give you the full story. Years ago when the split came about the thought was" we aren't going to give out athletic scholarships b/c that runs counter to our mission. We are a christian school not an athletic school. If these families REALLY want a christain education they should sacrifice." Sounds good, but that's not how the real world operates. I agree that attitude is "overly spiritual".

Also it was(and is) a matter of economics. With very little aid money to go around now I can just imagine a family that is denied aid. They will raise a stink about "athletes" receiving preferred treatment whether its true or not. These issues; - the preception of athletics getting too much of the money pie - avoiding controversy over who receives aid, might keep us in Div I anyway. Not to mention the extra travel that might be involved with a switch to Div II.

"we aren't going to give out athletic scholarships b/c that runs counter to our mission. We are a christian school not an athletic school. If these families REALLY want a christain education they should sacrifice."

Wow.