Multiplier

trnbrant

In short..

Yes.

One charges tuition, the other doesn't.

Yes.

No one...all the TSSAA board members are public ADs

I thought that there was one from a small private school in the Memphis area.....I could be wrong.

If these small privates do join the DII's why stay in the TSSAA? Why not go and form their own Association without the T$$AA?

Gwave, go read the article in today's Nashville City Paper by Dominic Bonvissuto, "Monkey Business of Prep Athletics". It will answer some of your questions.

Nashville City Paper

Thought I might be wrong.

I never can find that City Paper up here in Sumner Co.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So he could have "donated" the equipment if he could have, but in order to try to stay in business he was trying to at least recoup his cost which was not allowed unless he was willing to do the same for all PUBLIC schools.

I see, however, he could have also donated to a private school with no problems OR he could have sold to a private school at his cost without having to sell at the same cost to other private schools, correct?

Donation - public ok, private ok

Sell at very low price- private ok, public yes as long as you are willing to sell at same price to ALL public schools.

Like I said in my previous post, yet another difference in private education and public education.

It's not the school's fault or the school system's fault, it is a matter of STATE LAW which applies to all schools in the state. I thought you guys were all about DOING WHAT IS RIGHT and OBEYING THE STATE LAWS?

Please explain your last post ELA.

My point is, it does not matter where the "law" or rule comes from, it is different for public schools and private schools. As I have said before and will say it one more time, no matter how you look at it public education is different than private education in just about every aspect of administration, athletics, economics, etc so they need to be treated differently.

Another question:

If someone wanted to donate one million dollars to East Ridge High School, could they?

If someone wanted to donate one million dollars to Chattanooga Christian School, could they?

I agree with that statement. They are two very different institutions! Just look at NCLB and you will see this is true! Yes, you can donate any amount of money to any school without it effecting another school. ERHS is a Carnegie School. We receive funding from the Carnegie Foundation that other schools do not receive in Chattanooga. You can donate almost anything of value to your favorite school or alma mater. We are searching for a donation for the construction of a new field house, weight room, two classrooms, and athletic offices ($300,000), does anyone want to help out? Just come on by and write out a check! Heck, if you want to donate supplies or free labor, we'll take that as a donation too!

Edited by ELA

CSense....I still stand by my original statement. You can donate anything you want to a public school. At least within reason. I doubt they`d be interested in 10 years of Playboy back issues. :D

Your brother was making a nice gesture, but he wasn`t actually giving a gift.

I've gotten us off topic a bit, one last comment though, next time he just needs to place a competitive bid for profit and if he gets the contract he can sell it to the school and just donate his profits back to the school at a later date. :D That'll take care of that nasty red tape.

Seems to me that the bucs may be out of the loop on this one, may be that the alphebet league in Nashville may be trying to pull one over on the old Bucs. According to my sources in Nashvegas, these alphebet teams are going to fly the coup, not because of football but because of the other sports. They will look at the regions in basketball and baseball and make a decision together. Let the recruiting begin, if people think it is bad now, it is going to get even uglier later. If CPA and FRA are going to have to compete against BGA and Briarcrest they will have to sweetin there own pot and give financial aid. This will make everyone happy(except those who are affected), the publics get what they want (exodus from the privates), and division II gets what they want. (more teams to compete against)

ELA is correct, it all depends on what the division I privates do, it is really to early to speculate on the specifics because there will be lots of teams on the bubble to move up or down. Enrollments will definantly change even in the higher classifications. I would suspect that a Wilson Central or a Walker Valley, realitivly new schools, will move up in classification, along with others that may move down. It is going to be exciting to see what differences it will make in the regions and classifications in all sports.

It would be difficult for Wilson Central to move up unless they start a new class.