Dragons and Mavs

coachrochelle

Everyone come and support local basketball. Hopefully, it will be another great night of good competition between two county rivals for nothing else but headlines in the Courier. Clinton took the first match-up by 1 pt. How many points is home court worth in this battle? Last year it seemed to be worth lots.

Heck, it looks like one of the better games around. Seems like Clinton is one of the better places around to watch some good basketball with some fans in the stands for both teams.

Saw Vibbert, Borum, and Shoemaker at the UT game last night. Isn't it sad that on a night off of basketball we still go and watch basketball? Junkies I guess...

Im not making any predictins, but Im sure you all will...Last time guesses were all over the board.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If AC comes ready to play, and they are stroking it then this could be another classic. If not, then it could turn into a repeat of the game last year at Clinton ( A blowout Clinton victory). But I don't think AC's seniors will let that happen, they want to go out on a winning note against Clinton. Should be a great one tonite, and I think the shooters of AC will lead them to a close victory (Mott, Chaniott, Lowery, Humphery, Fox). But they can't let Vibbert or Morris have their way in the posts though. AC by 5.

AC's seniors 4 wins -----Clinton's seniors 3 wins

That's the record in varsity the last four years between these two squads..... Clinton can tie the series tonight, or AC can go out winning.....

2003/2004 -- Clinton won at AC, tonight's game--?....

2002/2003 -- AC won @ home, Clinton won @ home....

2001/2002 -- AC won @ home, Clinton won @ home....

2000/2001 -- AC swept home and away......

Witt fouled Humphrey, it was his 5th and he didn't like the call, so he ran his mouth to the ref, got a T for that then kept going and got another, so he was ejected. Then Borum pushed Shane Fox and was T'd up for that, he had already gotten one earlier in the game so he was thrown out. I belive the rule is they have to sit for the next 2 so they won't be available for the Halls game, which will determine where the Dragons finish in their district. A real shame, all that talent and no discipline. They were in the game until the 3 technicals late in overtime and AC ended up winning comfortably. Congrats to the AC seniors, Rash, Chaniott, Jones, Humphery, Lowery. A gutsy come back from 13 down at half.

I hate to hear that those 2 players lost their temper. We can call it lack of discipline, or we can call it lack of parenting. It doesnt matter b/c the player lost their cool not anyone else. I just hope Clinton can pull through the next 2 games, bc they have a chance to make a run this year.

For AC congrats. Coach E has you all playing great ball, maybe this is they year that someone from the district gets past the region tournament.